Marks Tours

alexxandraa397

Anyone else noticing the last few "rave" reviews are first-time posts(kind of odd). I know there are a lot of great reviews for Mark - I almost feel like I met a different person. I very clearly booked a private tour for our party of six only. I'm an extreme planner and exchanged many emails with Mark.

When we arrived he led us into a small Hot shuttle bus and told us he had to go meet the rest of our group. WHAT?!? We decided we didn't care if one more couple joined us as long as they didn't mind doing what we wanted. We waited and waited and waited .... We really wanted to get going - another reason we always book a private driver - we want to make the most of every day.

I decided to go look for Mark. When I got back to the port area - I saw him stopping families and trying to get them to join us - what happened to the couple with the reservation? He insisted they were a real booking- but when I said "If they are real - show me their name where you have it written down with ours". Even though he had ours written down on his clipboard- he says this couple's name was in his head not written down. Final straw! By this time - we had been off the shop more than one hour.

I went back and got our group. Thankfully, we met Steve. He reluctantly took us as he didn't want to step in Mark's toes. Steve totally saved the day - we had a spectacular time with him!

Wow - just noticed LOTS of great reviews by first-time posters. No posts before or after - just glowing reviews for Mark.

You are right. It kind of makes you think. I was going back and forth between Mark's and Marvyn's. I will drop Mark from my consideration because, although he may be very good, this just means that there may be some question regarding integrity. I really don't want to have that question in the back of mind while on vacation.

I am NOT a first time poster and I can assure you that Mark is a fantastic tour guide. My initial review is on his file already but I just wanted Amy one doubting to know there is nothing to worry about. Seriously we can't wait to return to Jamaica to do one of marks yours again! .

Thinking of using Mark tours for white water Rafting (NOT the tubing or the calm bamboo rafting). We will be doing his tour from Falmouth. Does anyone know what River he does his white water Rafting at from Falmouth port? It says the excursion is 3 hours, so I'm figuring its not too far. I will also have a 9year old with me and wondering if this would be a safe excursion with someone that young?

I'm not trying to say Mark hasn't provided good service to some. But, we were left sitting in a hot van while he walked back to the port area to solicit more business. He clearly lied to us and told us he had reserved passengers going with us - but when I found him at the pier - he had no names for the "reserved" passengers and was approaching random families trying to get them to join us. I don't blame him for wanting to fill the van, but it was not what we clearly asked for in a series of emails.