how far apart are Ocean & Mayflower terminal?

alvin moondust

Hi all

We are shortly leaving from Southampton Ocean terminal but returning to Mayflower, Can anyone tell me how far apart these are please.

I am trying to organise meet and greet parking but dont want to be a mile from the car when we return, surprisingly the lady on the phone could not tell me how it works? I cant believe im the first person to wonder where the car will be when they return LOL

I was hoping to get the distance from here

http://www.abparking.co.uk/directions

but there is no scale - could be about 2-3 miles ?

This ones better - it has a scale :)

http://www.londontoolkit.com/travel/southampton_cruise_terminal.htm

looks about 5km

No doubt there will be someone along shortly who is better at distances than I am :D

Regarding the issue of the car - it could well depend on which line and who the car parking is booked with.

From what I have heard (& its probably on the P&O board who use CPS or cunard board) -often the car will be moved between the terminals for you

See http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1828514&highlight=parking

hope some of this helps

If you're using CPS parking, you'll drop your car off at Ocean terminal. CPS then move it to another big car park for when you are on your cruise. When your cruise is over, they will then move it to the Mayflower terminal for you to pick up when you disembark.

There's about 200 yards apart.

Angie

Errr, no Angie.;)

You're thinking of Mayflower & City terminals. And they're a bit further apart than that because you can't access one direct from the other, you have to take the dock road past Mayflower & double back.

Ocean terminal to Mayflower is 2 miles.

If it's official port parking (CPS or ABP) they'll either transfer your car or provide a shuttle.

But "meet & greet" sounds like one of the privateers, who take your car to their own carpark, remote from the port. As long as you ensure that they are aware that you're returning to a different terminal it makes no odds to them.

JB :)

Errr, no Angie.;)

You're thinking of Mayflower & City terminals. And they're a bit further apart than that because you can't access one direct from the other, you have to take the dock road past Mayflower & double back.

Ocean terminal to Mayflower is 2 miles.

If it's official port parking (CPS or ABP) they'll either transfer your car or provide a shuttle.

But "meet & greet" sounds like one of the privateers, who take your car to their own carpark, remote from the port. As long as you ensure that they are aware that you're returning to a different terminal it makes no odds to them.

JB :)

Hi John

I stand corrected .

Angie

Archived