25 pounds in 25 weeks? Help!

slapsyru

I have around 25 weeks until we leave for Sydney to get the celebrity millennium. I'm thinking/planning/hoping that starting now I can lose a pound a week. It doesn't seem unrealistic. Until I consider that I am a huge weak willed chocoholic. I am usually quite good for a while when it comes to dieting for holidays. Sadly all the good work usually comes undone once I hit the buffet and start eating 5 courses a night.

Any tips for very low cal, low fat meals would be appreciated. I usually manage by eating lots of meals of hole made veg soup or cous cous and trying to cut out my main loves of anything pasta and rice.

Determined this time not to be ashamed of wearing swim wear on the beach or going snorkelling STILL IN MY SARONG just to cover up!!!

Gemma

I am trying to add exercise to my day as often as I can. Sadly time is not on my side. I leave for work at 5am and get home at 7pm. So walking fast between busses every morning is what I usually manage. I'm trying to find sneaky exercises I can do at work without people seeing and me looking weird!

Yes. Thanks. I'm trying to convince a few friends to come on a walk to town and back with me a few days a week. We get half an hour so if we start slow and build up we should be able to get further each time. If not i will start going on my own, the weather should be nicer soon so it will be nice to do.

And I DO have a treadmill for when I can't face going out in the rain. Just have to stop being lazy and get on it.

Is myfitness pal an app? Just downloaded a few exercise and diet recipe apps. As soon as i recover from almost killing myself on the exercise bike right now i'll have a look. Thanks.

I'm not into diet supplements. I don't need to lose a huge amount, just want to drop a dress size or two and tone up. Currently a UK size 12/US size 10, if can drop one or two by the cruise i'll be happy.

Is myfitness pal an app? Just downloaded a few exercise and diet recipe apps. As soon as i recover from almost killing myself on the exercise bike right now i'll have a look. Thanks.

I'm not into diet supplements. I don't need to lose a huge amount, just want to drop a dress size or two and tone up. Currently a UK size 12/US size 10, if can drop one or two by the cruise i'll be happy.

Eat three square meals a day, and two small snacks. But since you love chocolate, don't deprive yourself.

The whole idea of grazing has been proven to have no significant impact. It works for some, not for others. You need to do what works for you.

I'm a person of habit, I eat the same thing for breakfast almost every morning, and that works for me-yogurt and a banana. Some people want variety.

For lunch I usually eat either a Smart ones meal or something like that, just because it's easy. Running around after the boys, etc, I dont' want to worry about things.

And then for dinner I eat a sensible meal. I don't cook two or three meals, I make one healthy meal for the whole family, but what portion size.

I will have a little snack late in the afternoon- crackers and cheese is a favorite, and then a little treat after dinner.

I exercise because it makes me feel good, but as you lose it helps to tone up, just makes things easier in the long run.

And Diet is a four letter word in my book!

Yes. I do love chocolate. I have managed 8 days now though. So I'm passed days 1 and 2, which are the tough "give me chocolate or I'll tear your arms off" days. And I'm ok now. As long as I don't have more than a little piece as a treat or the choco-monster will reemerge.

Cheese is the biggie. You suggested cheese and crackers. That would be impossible as I'd end up eating the whole block. I'm hitting google now to find the lowest fat cheese options that still taste like cheese.

I was in weight watchers and picked up a nice base idea there of what to do, what to avoid. It's just sticking to it. The prep time for weight watchers meals was the worst thing. So much weighing and measuring. 10g of this and a 1 inch cube of that. Hassle.

Yes. I do love chocolate. I have managed 8 days now though. So I'm passed days 1 and 2, which are the tough "give me chocolate or I'll tear your arms off" days. And I'm ok now. As long as I don't have more than a little piece as a treat or the choco-monster will reemerge.

Cheese is the biggie. You suggested cheese and crackers. That would be impossible as I'd end up eating the whole block. I'm hitting google now to find the lowest fat cheese options that still taste like cheese.

I was in weight watchers and picked up a nice base idea there of what to do, what to avoid. It's just sticking to it. The prep time for weight watchers meals was the worst thing. So much weighing and measuring. 10g of this and a 1 inch cube of that. Hassle.

LOL...lowfat cheese is horrible!

I buy a nice block of really good cheese-I LOVE sharp cheddar, and just limit myself.

I'm also a huge fan of The Laughing cow. One of the little wedges is only 35 calories. It's rich and creamy. I eat a few wheat thins with it. BOOM! Great snack for less than 200 calories.

We had one called primula, similar to laughing cow but comes in a bigger tub. That's quite low cal too. That and rivita thins. Yum. Thin crackerbreads in chilli or salt and black pepper flavour.

Sadly all the nicest cheese is so high fat, even if its low calorie :( I adore feta on my salads but I guess that's a no no too.

Why are all the nicest foods bad for you!?

No cheese is a no-no IMO:D Though I agree that low-fat cheese tends to taste awful.

I am using MFP (my fitness pal) as well. I have about 1oz sharp cheddar daily - about 110 calories. Laughing cow also makes a babybell cheddar (pre-portioned) that is 75 calories - perfect with a couple of rycrisp crackers for under 200 calories. Sometimes I will change it out for 1 oz blue vein - also about 100-110 calories. It is all in the portions, though I completely understand that sometimes it is hard to stop at 1 oz. Cheese is pretty much the reason I could not be vegan.

I also will have 1 block of a cadbury dairy milk bar (I would rather have dark, but my daughter is selling the dairy bars for a fundraiser:)) - that is 1/7th bar and is 29 calories. Nice when you want that little bit of yummy treat.

Your work sounds intense! If you are looking for any MFP friends to help encourage you - I am worldtrekker1 on MFP:)

Hi Slapsyru! I have definitely been there and done that and I totally get it! This is Mark Macdonald he showed us an easy way on how you can eat all of your favourite foods without starving so you will never have to go on an other diet again! This is how my husband and I lost 140 lbs before our last cruise and I loved being able to put on a bikini and feeling great!

Let me know if you need any help! There are great online resources and I'd be happy to help!

If you are looking for any MFP friends to help encourage you - I am worldtrekker1 on MFP:)

Thanks. I've literally just signed up so not entered anythig yet but do plan to an stick with it. I'll figure out how to add you after work. Thanks. I've signed up as GemmavGray

This is how my husband and I lost 140 lbs before our last cruise

Let me know if you need any help! There are great online resources and I'd be happy to help!

Wow. Congratulations. 140 pounds is amazing.

Look into take shape for life. My husband and I did that for awhile average 2 pounds a week

5 of there snacks one home cooked lean and green

Each snack /meal has 11 grams of protein and about 150 calories or so

Loved the chocolate brownies

Pudding

Shakes

I've lost 46 lbs in 12 weeks, my wife has lost 23.

Low/no carb.

Running - Couch to 5k, now couch to 10k & increased the speed on treadmill.

Strength - P90X, finished. Now doing Les Mills Pump.

Cardio - Les Mills Combat

I workout 6 days a week.

I have a cruise on June 16th. I'm hoping to lose another 10-15lbs.

& yes I have to buy all new clothes. I've been holding out so far. I work from home, so don't really need much clothes.

Archived