Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

I've had one for several years, Sarge - absolutely love it! I use it for diving, ziplining, rafting, just walking around, on my motorcycle, you name it. Take it back to the store and give it another try before you give up on it. You'll be glad you did.

Cool!

Okay - they are sending me another one before I try sledgehammering with it. :eek: Will give this one a real workout before depending on it for something important.

I have been following this Live right from the beginning and have loved all of your beautiful photos. However, I have friends whom I talked into taking the Sunshine TA with us. They are new to Carnival but not to cruising. They have seen all of the ports in your review.

I would love for them to see what Carnival ships have to offer. Is there anywhere in all of your postings where they can just go and look at photos of the Sunshine and not any of he ports? If so, can you provide a link. Thank you so much.

I would love for them to see what Carnival ships have to offer. Is there anywhere in all of your postings where they can just go and look at photos of the Sunshine and not any of he ports? If so, can you provide a link. Thank you so much.

http://zydecocruiser.net/CarnivalSunshineMay17/index.htm

If you go to May 17, pages 1-8 have lots of wonderful Sunshine pictures.

You mentioned that the cabins have both the European outlets as well as normal American outlets. Do you know what kind of European outlets they are (like which country are they compatible with? I know different countries in Europe use different outlets)? May as well bring the right adapter and have use of the European outlet in the cabin! haha

That has to be one of the best names for a boat "Lexington Blue". Did your uk girlfriend appreciate that name as much as I did. Lol

By any chance do you know if the tv's in the room have a hdmi or rca plug in the back?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

What is your opinion on bringing your passport with you in port vs leaving it in safe on ship? Do they ask for ID when purchasing in store or in restaurants to verify credit cards? Thanks in advance!

countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=scarlettmama&date=7-19-2013&text=&ship=Carnival Sunshine

I can only speak for using my card in Spain and Italy, i was required to show I.D but my driving license was acceptable.

You mentioned that the cabins have both the European outlets as well as normal American outlets. Do you know what kind of European outlets they are (like which country are they compatible with? I know different countries in Europe use different outlets)? May as well bring the right adapter and have use of the European outlet in the cabin! haha

They will be the standard European outlet:

Schuko_plug_and_socket.png

They will be the standard European outlet:

Schuko_plug_and_socket.png

Thanks, but my question was which region of Europe that plug will fit? When I go to buy the outlet adapters, there are two sizes with slightly bigger or smaller diameter prongs, one for northern Europe and one for Southern Europe. I don't want to buy the wrong adapters! :)

As someone said the common one. Not a UK plug. If you want a country - pick Italy. 2 or 3 prong. Grounded or ungrounded.

DSC_7413_Zyde.jpg

What is your opinion on bringing your passport with you in port vs leaving it in safe on ship? Do they ask for ID when purchasing in store or in restaurants to verify credit cards? Thanks in advance!

I never, ever bring my passport ashore unless required by law (lie St Petersburg, Russia). The odds of it being stolen or lost are far greater than me needing it. It stays locked in the cabin safe.

You can bring a photocopy if you wish.

One exception I might consider in the future - IF you are going to make a major purchase, I found out that some stores will do the paperwork for you to get the VAT back. One gallery in Venice in particular said they would have rebated me the VAT if I had my passport (needed for the paperwork).

Archived