Live and Almost Live from Carnival Sunshine, May 17-26, 2013

Is that Belver castle in Mallorca? Can you get to it on your own or was it part of a tour. Did the caves last time and the cathedral so need something new.

Thanks

Tony

Yes, Bellver Castle You can do it on your own. I took a bus from the port and bought a ticket at the entrance. Any way you want to get there is fine. They do offer tours at the castle, but I didn't know and was too late for the English one.

DSC_0857_Zyde.jpg

Is that Belver castle in Mallorca? Can you get to it on your own or was it part of a tour. Did the caves last time and the cathedral so need something new.

Thanks

Tony

It looks like the castle is closed on Mondays, so be aware of that.

Every time I need ship info, I look for a Sarge review!:)

Thank you!

I am on Deck 2. I know they were updated, but I'm wondering about the sound proofing as you will either have dining room or kitchen noise above Deck 2. I moved my cabin to try to be below the dining room as the kitchen work is 24/7. Looking for input on the cabins on this Deck from anyone who has travelled the Sunshine.

I have a question about a Carnival shore excursion in Rome. Its the "Rome on your Own" by Motor Coach. Does anyone know WHERE they drop you off in Rome??? Thanks...:)

Sargent Schultz thanks for all the lovely pictures.

You're welcome and sorry, don't know about Rome on Your Own.

I am on Deck 2. I know they were updated, but I'm wondering about the sound proofing as you will either have dining room or kitchen noise above Deck 2. I moved my cabin to try to be below the dining room as the kitchen work is 24/7. Looking for input on the cabins on this Deck from anyone who has travelled the Sunshine.

Dining Rooms usually aren't noisy and only parts of kitchens might be.

I think by far the biggest noise makers on cruises are inconsiderate fellow passengers, e.g. door slammers, people who shout to someone down the hall, etc. Rude people might be found anywhere.

The beach is Fegina Beach in Moterosso (al Mare), part of Cinque Terre. From the La Spezia port you would take a train for about 20 minutes. I don't think that it would be a normal cruise passenger destination, but if one of your ports in La Spezia. You could also get to from Genoa or Livorno but would be longer.

Oops - I guess the one pictured is just called Old Town Beach. :confused:

I have a question about a Carnival shore excursion in Rome. Its the "Rome on your Own" by Motor Coach. Does anyone know WHERE they drop you off in Rome??? Thanks...:)

Sargent Schultz thanks for all the lovely pictures.

Got back from Sunshine on 28th June - We did 'Rome on your Own by coach' No problems and it drops you by the 'Wedding Cake' Memorial which is quite central for all the best sights:)

Hi,

We will be taking Carnival excursion to Taormina and Greek Theater.

It is a half day excursion.

Anyone can tell me how we can better spend the remaining couple hours in Messina?

What is not to miss in walking distance and may be a nice spot to have a bite.

Thanks.

Got back from Sunshine on 28th June - We did 'Rome on your Own by coach' No problems and it drops you by the 'Wedding Cake' Memorial which is quite central for all the best sights:)

I've never heard it called the "wedding cake" Memorial. I see that the tour is for 10 hours. What "time did you get to Rome" and What "Time did you have to be back" at the pick up place. Thanks so much for all your help. :)

Hi,

We will be taking Carnival excursion to Taormina and Greek Theater.

It is a half day excursion.

Anyone can tell me how we can better spend the remaining couple hours in Messina?

What is not to miss in walking distance and may be a nice spot to have a bite.

Thanks.

One of the better known landmarks is the Clock Tower. Noon is really the time to see it in action. There are a number of churches in Messina.

DSC_4714.JPG

Archived