The Aftermath of a Cruise!

I read this thread before my cruise last week. I couldn't have imagined that I too would have a 10lb gain! All the low carb stuff went right out the window. I had lost 4 extra pounds just for that fact!!! I'm now down 5 of the 10 being on Induction again! YUCK! The funny thing is, I don't think I really over did it. Can carbs really make that much of a difference to have such a huge weight gain? And why once starting back on Induction, would it come off so fast? Ten pounds of water weight??

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2005;1;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Grand Princess

Rhapsody of the Sea 8/2003

Splendour of the Sea 4/2004

We wish it was ALL water weight but as we know it's not!

Don't we gain so fast on these cruises and we didn't think we ate that much, we exercise too.

Don't know what happens?

Main question.. WHY We gain so fast..but we sure don't lose that fast!

I think sugars and carbs do really mess up our bodies and make it hard for us to lose but make it easy to gain.

That's why we're all here, trying to learn..lose and keep it off!

Glad you had a great cruise..just keep trying

to lose that cruise weight. Good Luck!

Hi Gals,

Well after a week of cruising and now a week of convention in South Beach (and no i didn't do the famous diet while there), I'm so ready to get back to our way of eating. Enough is really enough! I must admit I think they are doing something right in South Beach, cause the majority look in great shape. It is one wacky and wild city, but a lot of fun. I haven't weighed yet, as I just got home this afternoon, but I feel heavier. Tomorrow it's back to basics. Have to leave again in 3 weeks for California, I have a feeling this summer is going to be a yo-yo ride. I know most of it is water, and in the few days that I had between trips, the weight I gained on the cruise was gone. So don't worry gals, we can lose what we gain. I just think we have to get back to woe as soon as possible.

Good luck,

Mari

Nancy,

Carol told me to tell you HI and also to tell you and Eric how much we enjoyed your company. It is nice couples like y'all that make cruising even more enjoyable.

BTW, Carol and I went back to phase one on Sunday.

I forgot to ask you which room you will have on the Grand Princess this fall?

Jeff and Carol

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Can carbs really make that much of a difference to have such a huge weight gain? And why once starting back on Induction, would it come off so fast? Ten pounds of water weight??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Belle you ansewer was so right on to this question.

Miri glad to see your back. Let us know how you did tomorrow.

Melody

Paradise, 9-5-04

Holiday, 4-10-04

Inspiration, 11-30-03

Inspiration, 1-26-03

Victory,3-31-02

Sensation, 11-28-98

Holiday, 3-19-94

Jeff,

Great to hear from you! We have been so busy here. Back to reality! We haven't gone all the way back to the first stage. Although Erich's back down to his pre cruise weight. I have 3lbs more to go! I ate a lot of desserts!

I'm waithing for the air conditioning guy to come! He was here 2 weeks ago, and said the system was fine! Now something is wrong with the upstairs unit! And it's already hot here!!

We are on the Dolphin deck, in a Cat AB, and the boys are in a Cat J. We're on the January 15th sailing.

We're kind of sorry that we didn't book on the Splendour for 2006 on a Voyager class ship. We really want to do the Eastern Caribbean, but it's hard to pinpoint a date so far out!!

Say hi to Carol for me!

Here's my email: enjinok@cox.net, so we can keep in touch. Nancy

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=e9967a&cdt=2005;1;15;17;00;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Grand Princess

Rhapsody of the Sea 8/2003

Splendour of the Sea 4/2004

Enginok,

Please excuse to thread -- we are trying to find Enginok!

I emailed you, but my email came back as "Undeliverable" -- please email my yahoo address: http://www.Charcoal172000@yahoo.com, so that I can give you my home email address. I am recalling that Jeffw47 couldn't reach you either (he has emailed me at yahoo).

We had been doing the Atkins diet for 2 months -- Brady gained about 6 lbs -- lost 4 very fast upon return. I am afraid to get on the scales -- still had about 25 lbs. more to go when we went on the cruise .... so I am DEFINITELY back to the induction phase.

Thanks.

Bookit

You know an other aftermath of a cruise...

I've only been home..less than SIX weeks but it seems like my cruise was "forever" ago! Months

and Months ago! Why?

We can't wait to go, we plan..then go..have fun..come home..then like we never went! icon_frown.gif

We have our memories thro.. icon_smile.gifbut why seems like years ago! icon_biggrin.gif

Know you know what I mean!

Belle,

I'm still having cruise withdrawals. it's been 3 weeks, and I still miss being on the ship. Everyday I'm thinking what are they doing now?

we booked another cruise, but it's not until 2/27/05, don't know if I can wait that long.

Have a lot of land vacations going on, but it's not the same.

Mari

Archived