Help! Which Beach?

MTtraveler

So I've been reading and reading and I'm still not sure which beach would best suit our family. Could someone please advise?

Family of 5 - 3 teenage girls. Definitely need chairs, facilities, food, as DH and I probably won't even venture into the water. Don't really need snorkeling or anything just a couple of hours at a nice beach - and a few great pictures!

Also, we will be shopping that day for a bit, so if that makes any difference as far as location goes.

Thanks tons!

So I've been reading and reading and I'm still not sure which beach would best suit our family. Could someone please advise?

Family of 5 - 3 teenage girls. Definitely need chairs, facilities, food, as DH and I probably won't even venture into the water. Don't really need snorkeling or anything just a couple of hours at a nice beach - and a few great pictures!

Also, we will be shopping that day for a bit, so if that makes any difference as far as location goes.

Thanks tons!

Magen's has all the facilities you need. Whether it is crowded depends on how many ships in port and how big. It was not crowded on the day I went.

Other beaches may be equally nice. As long as you stay on St Thomas, you should be able to take a cab to and from almost anywhere in time for shopping.

• 2 weeks later...

Magen's Bay has everything you need for a nice beach day. There is a beach restaurant, a bar, chair rentals, kayak and paddle board rentals and a showers house. Plus it is one of the top 10 most beautiful beaches in the world! I have two teenagers and we just spent the day there yesterday and they loved it.

All beaches will have the amenities that you want except Lindqvist (Smith Bay). The only question is do you want the nicest beach with nice island views and water colors (Sapphire Beach), or are you willing to settle for something less that is closer like Lindbergh Bay (aka Emerald Beach) or Morningstar which is closer to Havensight. Magens is in between Sapphire and the latter two as far as quality. Secret Harbor is a nice calm beach but no shade for cruisers.

We would taxi to Sapphire ($20pp roundtrip, 25 min ride) and then shop right at Havensight when you taxi back if docked there. If you're docked at Crown or want to stay closer to Charlotte Amalie look at Lindbergh Bay.

Archived