Queen Mary 2's 200th Crossing

kelly3399

I received the Spring 2013 Cunarder magazine today and it has a piece about the July 6th crossing this year being the 200th one. To mark the occassion they have some extra special guests booked to speak. We are on this crossing and wonder if we might find some other special activities have been planned to celebrate this occasion? Any ideas if Cunard would be apt to have something planned? I am not sure how much of a "Big" deal a 200th crossing is. Thanks, Kelly

I received the Spring 2013 Cunarder magazine today and it has a piece about the July 6th crossing this year being the 200th one. To mark the occassion they have some extra special guests booked to speak. We are on this crossing and wonder if we might find some other special activities have been planned to celebrate this occasion? Any ideas if Cunard would be apt to have something planned? I am not sure how much of a "Big" deal a 200th crossing is. Thanks, Kelly

Hi kelly. Since you are booked on this crossing, you should be able to access Voyage Personalizer - that should give you the most current information. Best wishes for a wonderful voyage. Regards, -S.

P.S. Here is one of the many press releases about the 200th crossing: http://outtoseatravel.blogspot.com/2013/05/cunards-flagship-queen-mary-2-to-embark.html

I consider any crossing on the QM2 special regardless of number. Stephen Payne was on board a crossing last year and I suggest you attend his lectures. I don't think there was an empty seat in Illuminations when he spoke.

One day at lunch Dr. Payne was seated in the Britannia dining room near a window and the seas were rough and were washing over the windows. I saw Dr. Payne look up once with a big smile and I imagined he was saying, "Yes! This is what I designed her for".

One day at lunch Dr. Payne was seated in the Britannia dining room near a window and the seas were rough and were washing over the windows. I saw Dr. Payne look up once with a big smile and I imagined he was saying, "Yes! This is what I designed her for".

Might seem a bit silly to some, but this brings tears of joy to my eyes! Boy, do I love the QM2!

KK

I consider any crossing on the QM2 special regardless of number. Stephen Payne was on board a crossing last year and I suggest you attend his lectures. I don't think there was an empty seat in Illuminations when he spoke. One day at lunch Dr. Payne was seated in the Britannia dining room near a window and the seas were rough and were washing over the windows. I saw Dr. Payne look up once with a big smile and I imagined he was saying, "Yes! This is what I designed her for".
Wonderful :) . Thank you so much for sharing this :) :) .

Might seem a bit silly to some, but this brings tears of joy to my eyes! Boy, do I love the QM2!

KK

My thoughts exactly, KitKatK!

lannp,

Originally Posted by lannp viewpost.gif

Thank you so very much for sharing this wonderful memory from your sailing.

best regards,

seasidegal

Dr. Payne had an autograph session in the Library and I was able to get him to sign a book on the QM2. I told him I had been waiting years for the opportunity to hear him lecture and to thank him for designing the Magnificent Lady.

Archived