What else should we see in Juneau?

Izzybeff

Since you have a car I would encourage you to explore outside of town. When we had our car last year after we left Mendenhall Glacier we stopped at the Chapel at Auke lake, then the Shrine of St. Therese and then drove out as far as Eagle Beach and spent time there enjoying the gorgeous scenery and lots of eagles and salmon. I wish we had packed a picnic lunch to eat there. On the way back into town we made a stop at the Alaska Brewery for the tour and some samples. I love the freedom a car allows to explore and venture outside of the touristy areas.

This is our list, we are also renting a car. Mendellhal glacier and nugget falls, Tramway, Auke bay, eagles beach, shrine, glacier gardens.

Since you have a car I would encourage you to explore outside of town. When we had our car last year after we left Mendenhall Glacier we stopped at the Chapel at Auke lake, then the Shrine of St. Therese and then drove out as far as Eagle Beach and spent time there enjoying the gorgeous scenery and lots of eagles and salmon. I wish we had packed a picnic lunch to eat there. On the way back into town we made a stop at the Alaska Brewery for the tour and some samples. I love the freedom a car allows to explore and venture outside of the touristy areas.

Thanks! Theses ares on the edge of the city that you can only see by car are definitely what I was looking for.

Archived