Breeze Southern Caribbean Review

We were on the Dream last year and might be on the Breeze next year. I was wondering if you felt the ship move a lot? We felt movement on the Dream, never made us sick, but definitely felt it. Wondered if the Breeze is the same?

Loving your review!!!

No, we didn't feel much rocking at all. Actually I was kind of dissapointed in that because I love that rocking motion on a ship when falling asleep.

Hey Franny! We were on that cruise with you! Tracy and Danny...we met you in the terminal before boarding. Thanks for doing such a great review. It's been fun remembering how much fun we had!

Of course I remember you two!! You were the one trying to steal one of my Diet Pepsi's in the terminal! Just kidding! When we boarded we went right to the cabin and Randy (our room steward) iced the soda right away so when we came back to the cabin they were icy cold. It was great having them in the cabin and NOT having to drink the Coke. And I know you know when you are a Pepsi person Coke just doesn't cut it!

I am glad you had a great cruise too and was nice chatting with you.

No, we didn't feel much rocking at all. Actually I was kind of dissapointed in that because I love that rocking motion on a ship when falling asleep.

It's funny to read other peoples thoughts on the rocking because we were just down the hall from you and we for sure felt rocking. Not enough to make myself or my husband sick by any means but when we were lying in bed I could see myself moving haha! I also felt it a lot when walking around the ship any time we were moving. A bunch of people from our group "The ShipFaced Breezers" said they thought the boat rocked a lot as well.

It's funny to read other peoples thoughts on the rocking because we were just down the hall from you and we for sure felt rocking. Not enough to make myself or my husband sick by any means but when we were lying in bed I could see myself moving haha! I also felt it a lot when walking around the ship any time we were moving. A bunch of people from our group "The ShipFaced Breezers" said they thought the boat rocked a lot as well.

I didn't feel the rocking and I really missed it. We went on a Celebrity cruise once out of San Juan and even after we flew home the NEXT day when I got in the shower I was swaying back and forth and was very unsteady for a few days. It wasn't the shower it was me! Now that shipped rocked so much I loved it. So for me I didn't feel any of that on the Breeze and was really hoping for some strong seas. It did not happen to DH on Celebrity and he also didn't feel much of the Breeze either.

Day 6 Aruba

The beach, pier runners, steakhouse and the piano bar

We started our day with room service and it came right on time.

DSC00479_zps93348ae5.jpg

Let me just say we fell in love with Aruba! We will be going back for a week (at least) vacation there. The beach, the water and the people just everything was beautiful. We were one of the first to get off the ship and there is a walk way to the terminal right where you can get tourist information, maps and also some shopping. Just as you go through that area taxis are all lined up so it was very easy. I did my research and decided on Palm Beach instead of Eagle Beach. I am sure they are both beautiful but we wanted the beach with more people and amenities. I am a people watcher!!

So we headed to Palm Beach and the driver told us the best place to be was right beside the Hyatt. The cost was 10.00 plus tip. We took one look at the beach and said Hello Paradise!! This was our idea of heaven!! We were met by the friendliest woman and her Aunt who owns the rentals called Marcel’s.

The cost for the chairs were only 5.00 a piece and we got to pick where we wanted to be. We choose right under a shaded pole with a palm thatched roof providing plenty of shade. Marcel’s also has snorkel tours, catamaran lunch tours, parasailing, banana boats and you name it and they rent it. They were so friendly and we had so much fun just talking to them. They love the island and it shows. The water was beautiful and the beach was so nice to walk on. We could have stayed there forever and I know we will go back.

Soft sand, warm beautiful blue water and you could walk forever

DSC00489_zpsa8ca233b.jpg

The water

DSC00490_zpsd54be412.jpg

A nice place to sit

DSC00487_zpsf7e1a171.jpg

And yet another great place

DSC00510_zps85f47e51.jpg

Or a seat with a view from a bar

DSC00501_zpsab7f48e0.jpg

I didn't feel the rocking and I really missed it. We went on a Celebrity cruise once out of San Juan and even after we flew home the NEXT day when I got in the shower I was swaying back and forth and was very unsteady for a few days. It wasn't the shower it was me! Now that shipped rocked so much I loved it. So for me I didn't feel any of that on the Breeze and was really hoping for some strong seas. It did not happen to DH on Celebrity and he also didn't feel much of the Breeze either.

That is funny lol. When we were in port in Aruba, after we got back for the day before all the pier runners I took a shower and closed my eyes and I was rocking away in there haha! As soon as I opened them it went away. Happened for a few days after I got home as well... Maybe I was feeling it more since I have not cruised since 2007? lol I dunno but we loved the rocking of the ship at night...

We loved Aruba and right now we are trying to decide between another cruise like Sunshine because we would love to go to New Orleans and go to some different islands we have not visited or renting a condo on Palm Beach. But reviews right now are not so good on Sunshine. Another cruise we are looking into is Valor out of San Juan. Reviews seem good and there are some islands we have not been to. Wow what a great dilemma we have!!!

We loved Aruba, too, and spent the day at the Occidental AI Resort. It was from 8:00 until 6:00 (although we were not in port that long) and included all food, drinks and non-motorized sports for $76. Definitely worth the money and the place was gorgeous. I talked with several folks who were staying there and everyone was friendly. I would love to go back and spend a week there!

I loved your last review on the Valor! You did a wonderful job and it felt like I was there. It is on my list of cruises I want to take!

Thank you! Definitely keep the southern Caribbean on your list.

BreezeSailawayfranny_zpsc861802a.jpg

Awwww you look so cute here! :)

Question- when you got to La Romana and got off the ship, do you remember seeing people selling tours at the port? You know, those on a whim $20 tours for 2-3 hours? I haven't gotten a good answer yet. I hope you remember and can answer. :o

Also, great review on Irie Tours. My roll call has filled up an entire bus for our day in Curacao, and from what I understand we're working on bus #2! Can't wait! :D

Question- when you got to La Romana and got off the ship, do you remember seeing people selling tours at the port? You know, those on a whim $20 tours for 2-3 hours? I haven't gotten a good answer yet. I hope you remember and can answer. :o

We talked to a couple on the ship who did just that. They said when they got to the taxi area there were people with signs saying they would take people to a beach. They said the beach was about 10 minutes away and was really nice. They paid 20.00 round trip. Sorry I don't have more information!

We loved Aruba, too, and spent the day at the Occidental AI Resort. It was from 8:00 until 6:00 (although we were not in port that long) and included all food, drinks and non-motorized sports for $76. Definitely worth the money and the place was gorgeous. I talked with several folks who were staying there and everyone was friendly. I would love to go back and spend a week there!

You sound like us! All the islands are beautiful but there was something about Aruba. Sounds like you had a great time!

It was elegant night so we went to the Sapphire dining room at 7:00. We were only in the line a few minutes although it was a long line it went very fast. Here comes the complaining so please skip this part if you don’t like to read anything negative. We told the hostess we would like to sit with other people and they sat us at table for 2 which was VERY close to the next table which was a 4 top. At first we didn’t mind because we thought we would chat with the people beside us. However, they didn’t even look our way. But that was ok we figured if we met people fine and if we didn't that was ok too. Our waiter pretty much ignored us the whole time we were there. There was talking at all except when he took our order. The drink server didn’t even come near us until after about 25 minutes of being seated and that was only because we got the attention of another waiter and asked for some help. I think it was almost an hour before we even got our drink. Our waiter was so overworked he was sweating! We tried to get his attention and he would say he would be right over but he had so many plates and was rushing everywhere that it took him forever to get to us. And no we didn't complain. It was 1 meal and I really believe he had way too many tables.

First my salad was SO good!

DSC00239_zps55eb7351.jpg

DH soup (he thinks it was roasted pepper soup but we can't remember)

DSC00240_zpsdadf98a2.jpg

Smoked Duck which was so tasty!

DSC00245_zps91c3261e.jpg

Maine Lobster

DSC00246_zpsd42e9b1e.jpg

DH said this was not very good but I don't think he should have ordered it anyway. We live in Maine our nephews are lobstermen and we get lobster whenever we want right from the boat

I did like the singing waiters and to me they all looked happy while they did their song. I looked around and there were many waiters who were happy and talking with everyone so I really think it was just our bad luck that night. We left at 9:00 (yes 2 hours) and NEVER got dessert! We ordered it and the waiter kept bringing out plates but none were ours. We couldn’t believe we were there for that long for only an appetizer and our main meal. Our waiter saw us get up to leave and said wait I will get your dessert but we said no thank you and left. We vowed not to go back to the dining room but I am so glad we changed our mind because the experience was so different the next time!!

Another thing I noticed was that everyone looked nice. I don't recall any t-shirts but I saw lots of people in great looking outfits. I loved, loved seeing all the families especially when the little ones were dressed up.

Oops, this was what I was referring to in my last post! I hit the wrong button. Duh! This is a picture of the stuffed mushrooms and prime rib. The duck appetizer picture is later in your review. Love that food!!

Oops, this was what I was referring to in my last post! I hit the wrong button. Duh! This is a picture of the stuffed mushrooms and prime rib. The duck appetizer picture is later in your review. Love that food!!

I didn't take photos of the menus so thanks for letting me! I thought we would remember everything by looking at the photos. But no that didn't happen! When we got home and DH and I looked at the photos and still couldn't remember. Guess that is why I wrote everything down.

Carnival does not offer this tour. We did the tour in September and LOVED it! I too booked the tour months in advance. We were such a big group that we filled an entire bus up and the owner ended up being our tour guide. Very nice, professional and fun people. And for $20 a head, we felt like he could have charged more so we all gave pulled a nice tip together for him. Highly recommend this tour.

Starting in October, the price is now $25. But I still think it's a good deal.

Does anyone have ideas for Aruba? Yes, I've seen the all-inclusive resorts, but I want sightseeing tours.

I'm being cheap too because I'm covering expenses for my mom as well. I wanted to do Bully, but it's $45 per hour with nothing included. So I have to rethink that.

Starting in October' date=' the price is now $25. But I still think it's a good deal.

Does anyone have ideas for Aruba? Yes, I've seen the all-inclusive resorts, but I want sightseeing tours.

I'm being cheap too because I'm covering expenses for my mom as well. I wanted to do Bully, but it's $45 per hour with nothing included. So I have to rethink that.[/quote']

When I was doing research I wanted Sonny Binns but we decided on a beach. It think it was 20 or 25 a person and the reviews were good.

The people on this bus were really having a great time! They got dropped off at the ship. It reminded of the Irie Tour. Sorry I don't have more information but maybe someone will seeing the photo below and can help you.

DSC00535_zps092699a1.jpg

DSC00519_zpsbcfebe59.jpg

Aruba Day 6

We took a really long walk and swam whenever we felt like it. We met a lot of people that were staying there and got to ask many questions about renting a condo. We also met people from the ship so it was a very good day.

There were so many water activities

DSC00506_zpsb8879933.jpg

DSC00512_zpsfea0c58e.jpg

DSC00514_zps14617324.jpg

And many places right on the beach to rent anything you wanted

DSC00491_zps821edc40.jpg

Palm trees blowing in the warm breeze (I love Palm Trees!)

DSC00507_zpsc34c2bd3.jpg

Even a pirate ship!

DSC00498_zpsd3365741.jpg

When it was time to leave the owner of Marcel’s got us a taxi and the driver said 5.00. We said that’s all and he said hey I am going that way anyway! That is how friendly everyone is. Of course we paid him more. He also gave us a little tour on the way and you could tell he loved the island. We headed right to Blue Iguana for tacos that I have read so much about and they were so good!

DSC00523_zpsb64e631e.jpg

DSC00521_zps10a95e30.jpg

We headed to our balcony with a few beers to watch sail away. This is what you can see from our balcony.

DSC00531_zps27832c96.jpg

DSC00532_zps60bb5c82.jpg

Also

DSC00529_zpsd4a3e9e4.jpg

DSC00540_zps692f0cb7.jpg

And then what do you know PIER RUNNERS! DH does not read Cruise Critic so he had NO idea what was going on. He looked down and saw people running and he was yelling “hurry up, hurry up”!! He was so concerned they wouldn’t get on the ship and would be left. I was laughing so much not only because of the pier runners but because my DH keep saying they are going to get left. We did a see a few people on Grand Turk being late but it was nothing like Aruba and they were not running. In Aruba just when you thought the last person made it another one comes practically out of nowhere. It amazes me that some people are really running and some just stroll like the ship will wait. Anyway many people on the Port side of the ship were clapping, hooting and hollering for them to hurry up and it was very entertaining and definitely a party type atmosphere. It was a really nice sail a way.

We had reservations at the steakhouse for 7 so we thought we would take a quick nap after sail a way. Well what do you know we woke up at 6:45!! We had to both shower and I had to blow dry my hair and boy did we get ready FAST!! We made it there at 7:10! They hold your reservation until 7:15. We loved the steakhouse and thought it was worth the money.

We sat right in the middle where they had 2 tops down a line and we felt like we had plenty of privacy for talking. I didn't take a photo of the menu but this is what we ate

DSC00552_zpsc11efd8c.jpg

DSC00551_zps091ec28a.jpg

DSC00554_zpscbcdd6f8.jpg

DSC00553_zps727c94df.jpg

DSC00556_zpscb084d80.jpg

DSC00555_zps83541a67.jpg

There was also a bread basket and the bread was so good. It came with a relish tray and I think with 4 different toppings. Very tasty! The timing of the courses were perfect and the food was excellent. We had so much food we couldn’t even eat dessert. We almost got dessert just to take photos but we couldn't waste food like that. There were many people leaving with boxes with their desserts in it and we could understand that after our meal. The portions of the steak are huge and I only ate half of mine which was the Cowboy steak, DH ate his entire filet which was cooked to perfection.

We left the steakhouse and went to the piano bar. The regulars were there and it was fun singing the songs and watching Ron perform. Our waitress, Erika, who we had the first night too was so talkative and fun. I love hearing about other people’s family and she just loved talking about them. Anyway we stayed there late and then ended our night on our balcony before bed. Another beautiful day!

Next up is our last 2 sea days before we dock. We loved the idea of 2 sea days with nothing planned and being able to totally relax. This cruise is perfect because you get to see 4 beautiful islands plus have 3 full sea days.

Loving your review!!!! Quick question: You said you brought a cooler with you, what kind? Did you bring it on the plane? I have been looking at some collapsible rolling ones for the room and to take to the beaches with us but they still take up soo much room in the luggage.

Thanks

When I was doing research I wanted Sonny Binns but we decided on a beach. It think it was 20 or 25 a person and the reviews were good.

The people on this bus were really having a great time! They got dropped off at the ship. It reminded of the Irie Tour. Sorry I don't have more information but maybe someone will seeing the photo below and can help you.

DSC00535_zps092699a1.jpg

DSC00519_zpsbcfebe59.jpg

Thank you for your help. And I can no longer see your photos. I was able to when you first started the thread. I don't know what's going on now. I'll look into Sonny then.

Archived