!!! BREAKAWAY !!! To Bermuda ^_^ Our Ultimate Review and Complete Pictorial Guide!

gambee

We are going with NCL for the first time in Sept on the Breakaway. We haven't cruised with RCI yet and we are wanting to cruise for 21 days in Feb and are leaning towards Holland America. Since you have cruised with NCL and RCI - what are the pros and cons for both??? Thanks.:)

Oh my, that is what I called a loaded question. I think it can be summarised in my conclusion at its best. The overall better product is RCCL, no question about it, but NCL is not too far behind, a little improvement in service would do the line very good.

From what I have read HAL, is above in both service and food. But something tells me that is not the line for me. I might give it a try in an Alaskan cruise, we will see.

Both ncl and rccl are geared towards families, and they are just fun ships. I would dare to say that ncl might offer slightly more game shows and such. But then again I was so overwhelmed in the Allure, that I missed out on a lot.

In any case I would seriously recommend you try RCCL after NCL, you might be positively surprised. Diversity is the spice of life! :D

Great Job.. Gambee

Thank you for posting the raw bar menu..

Also I have a question

What type of food they serve at the BREEZEAWAY BAR & GRILL.

Is it the same Garden café menu's as the other NCL cruise?

Also I hear they serve food at Spice H2O

What type of food do they serve?

Did you happen to take pictures from those 2 places?

thanks and appreciate all the pictures

In the grill they serve hamburgers, chilly, hot dogs.. That kind of food, sorry they offer no menu.

Sorry no idea about H2O, I never went near a bar in this cruise. So I did not check if they had a food menu or not.

Great job ... Great review Gambee!!! I have enjoyed reading from page one til the end!! Thank you for taking time out of your schedule to do it !! I look forward to the rest of your reviews!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thank you :)

We tried to get to Bermuda a few years ago with Holland America and weather prevented us from getting there so we are also going with Breakaway in Sept to Bermuda. If weather doesn't permit us getting there, we will have to fly there sometime. lol

I really enjoyed reading that gentleman's reviews of Celebrity, RCCL and NCL as we have travelled with Celebrity in Europe but never on RCCL and NCL. It will be our first cruise with NCL and looking forward to it!!!:)

Bermuda is to die for, hopefully you will be able to make it this time around :).

Thank you Gambee. Wonderful review, awesome pictures, and amazing video tour! The Waterfront looks great, even in the rain.

Thanks to you and Slice I have a long list of things not to be missed. :) And thanks to poor Joeski's review I also have a short list of what to watch out for. :eek:

Joeski did a review? Can someone point me to it please?

You're very welcome :)

Gambee- Loved your final thoughts & comparison...a tiny bit surprised about X because everyone ( including CC here..) raves about all the new Solstice class ships...I have never been on one, yet- did the Mercury years ago...loved Oasis & Allure like you...Question:you mentioned in the Allure review that English was your second language..I thought you did an outstanding job writing & communicating your thoughts & opinions. I will look forward to seeing your reviews on the Breeze, new Princess ( I may do,too..), and Quantum as well.. May I ask what is your primary language? I ask because I am born in Casablanca, raised in NY, live here 45 minutes from you (North)...my wife is from Peru, and my father was Italian..so we spoke English, Spanish, French ( from Morocco), Italian, and Arabic daily in my house...is Spanish your 1st language? If you don't want to say, that's Ok, I understand...but after reading all your posts, I'm just curious! Thanks, gracias,grazie, merci,and can't remember in Arabic...

Big Al

I am Colombian, so first language is spanish.

The S-class ships are amazing, the only reason why I did not include it in the competition is because the Allure was already ahead of the Silli. Although I have to admit that X might be a little too calm for me, maybe in Alaskan cruise or for Europe it would do me just fine. But for the Caribbean I prefer RCCL, NCL and possibly soon Carnival.

I also would like to thank Gambee, Slifeoflife, and all others who have done a great job doing a review of the Breakaway. I love to cruise....but I'm not sure what I love more......the anticipation or the cruise itself! Okay.....maybe the cruise itself but the anticipation is a HUGE part of my vacation/cruise.....

and this truly did the trick! Can't wait!!!! So thank you!

You're very welcome.

I 100% agree with you, the anticipation is easily half of the excitement for me.

Gambee, thanks so much for the review! I think you saved me at least 2 grand cause I feel like I went on this cruise thanks to your pictures and details! Man you are thorough! Nicely done, awesome job. I had been to Bermuda three times, and figured that was enough, but your great photo's makes me want to go back again!

Thanks for all your time and efforts, this was amazing.

Thank you for your kind words, and you're welcome :)

I haven't cruised on either Allure or Breakaway BUT in your Allure review you called it "a magical cruise" That speaks volumes and that's why I was sure Allure would come out ahead.

Now, counting the days until your Breeze review.

Enjoy your summer!

hmmmmmm, now I remember, it took a while. I type so much that I forget what I type :D.

Glad you enjoyed :), thank you for following along.

I have not read the review of the "magical" Allure sailing, but can understand how cruising the Oasis or Allure could be a very positive experience (sailed both this year).

Having said that, we also sailed on the Breeze this year, so I look forward to that review. I don't think the word "magical" will be used for that one... :D

Tom

Come on Tom, you never know. It might be magical in it's own way :D. Time will tell, if anything I can find a new adjective to describe the ship ;).

:eek: (even your "normal" 3k)!

You just might be a Google Glass candidate!

Tom

OMG!, I was telling my mom that. Actually I much prefer a device implanted into my brain and linked to my eyes. All I have to do is send a signal to my eye, and the picture is captured :D. My boyfriend said I was crazy, lol. Maybe in a few centuries. :D

Gambee wow! I felt like I was cruising with you. Everything is so detailed and you took some fantastic pictures & video. I've been to Bermuda twice and am now dying to go back thanks to your review! I can't wait to see the ship for myself but I still have 4 1/2 months to go. Special thanks for the room tour. We are booked in a deck 12 aft cabin so it was nice to see exactly what we are getting and that nice big balcony! With loungers! ;) Wonderful review.

I hope you have a great cruise, and enjoy that room the most you can. That balcony is truly amazing.

Thank you for following along and for commenting :)

Happy cruising.

No, I still think the Allure has the edge Over the Breakaway. The Allure holds a tittle that is very difficult to compete against. The fact that Breakaway got so close, should say a lot about that ship.

But overall the Allure is simply the Allure.

Fair enough Thank You Kind Sir :D

I am Colombian, so first language is spanish.

The S-class ships are amazing, the only reason why I did not include it in the competition is because the Allure was already ahead of the Silli. Although I have to admit that X might be a little too calm for me, maybe in Alaskan cruise or for Europe it would do me just fine. But for the Caribbean I prefer RCCL, NCL and possibly soon Carnival.

Thanks, Gambee...I kinda thought you might be from S. America...just got back from taking my neighbor to Miami, where she hopped on Avianca Air to go to Bogota to see family....maybe we'll meet up sometime in the future on Royal or Regal Princess or the Getaway or the Anthem of The Seas.....take care..

Alan

Hi all!

Gambee ~ glad to see Allure came out ahead as that's the ship I'm going on in Nov. I am sooo interested in hearing what you think about Carnival & the Breeze. I loved the Dream & some things Carnival has that other lines ( & I've been on most) don't. I did FTTF on Dream & found it worthwhile as the guest service line was shorter for those having it. Everyone gets a bathrobe to use & chocolates so that was nice.

Anyhow hope you have a great time & can't wait to hear about it!

Thanks again for this amazing review!:D

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi all!

Gambee ~ glad to see Allure came out ahead as that's the ship I'm going on in Nov. I am sooo interested in hearing what you think about Carnival & the Breeze. I loved the Dream & some things Carnival has that other lines ( & I've been on most) don't. I did FTTF on Dream & found it worthwhile as the guest service line was shorter for those having it. Everyone gets a bathrobe to use & chocolates so that was nice.

Anyhow hope you have a great time & can't wait to hear about it!

Thanks again for this amazing review!:D

~ Jo ~ :)

Hi Jo,

I don't think I will be doing FTTF on the breeze, I just don't see the value of it. I will spending 8 days on that ship, I think that might be more than enough.

I am really hoping that this cruise is a very relaxing one. I know that there lots of differences and from what I've read most of the things people complain about wont be an issue for us.

Thank you again for following my review.

Until next time ;)

In the grill they serve hamburgers, chilly, hot dogs.. That kind of food, sorry they offer no menu.

Sorry no idea about H2O, I never went near a bar in this cruise. So I did not check if they had a food menu or not.

Thanks Gambee for the response

Can anyone tell me what is included when you purchase the 39 dollar a day Spa? Going on breakaway August 11 th and trying to see if the spa is a worthwhile option. Thanks :)

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Just remember that is only available in port days. It includes access to the salt room, sauna, steam room, hydrotherapy pool and heated lounges for a day. There is also some flavored water there.

Thanks Gambee! So the spa is only for the three days in Bermuda ?

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

The day pass yes. You can buy the weekly pass for $200

Truly remarkable review, it's really great to see how much your use of words to paint a picture has improved. It adds a lot to the reviews that the pictures although awesome cannot express.

I feel just like you about allure any cruise from now on has ways to go to match that experience, I'm actually dredging my next cruise out of ny if you haven't seen the photos look at the pics of splendor looks like liberachi had a bad trip

Well' date=' as you can see from my signature, I booked the Breakaway today. And so did my friends. If we ever meet on a cruise, the drinks are on me!:D[/quote']

Lol.

You have a great cruise! :).