Priority Boarding, non suite party members

psycomac

I'm surprised to hear this. Bookings are based on age at the time of sailing, not at the time of booking, so this should not have mattered. Strange.

However, I'm more surprised that you know that if you wait the price of the suite will drop by $3,000. I know a lot of people here who would kill for that kind of insight!

I have not booked yet. He is currently 20, and will be 21 on December 13th. If I book the December 15th sailing, he will be 21 on the day we sail.

As for the other, it's really not that difficult to look at sailings and see the difference in the prices of the rooms based upon the date of the sailing. For instance, a cruise that is booked the week before Christmas is almost less than half the cost of the one booked on Christmas week. It's not that hard to read sailing dates and prices when they're in a big 'ol list just waiting to be read :) Unless you were trying to be snarky after having possibly misread and/or misinterpreted what I typed and didn't quite understand that I was not speaking to the cost of one booking dropping in price but one booking being a different price than another. In which case, I can only say that maybe you should understand what it is you're commenting on before you actually make the comment. That sort of insight is much sought after as well :)

Thanks, yes exactly. I don't want all the extra amenities while onboard to extend to the non-suite guests, I just want us all to be able to board the ship together. Debarkation I wasn't really all too concerned about because honestly we won't be in a huge rush to get off the ship lol

I did and it looks like we might have to go that route anyway unfortunately. The reason I wanted to book the aft PH is because of the balcony. My husband and I (specifically my husband) aren't very 'gosh we love crowds!' kind of people and I was really looking forward to some quality time on our balcony. We've never been on a vacation before as a family and we can really use this time together. The 2BR villa is nice and would afford us the chance to all have the VIP perks (and probably would be cheaper in the long run than booking 2 separate rooms) but I really have my heart set on that balcony.

No problem on that balcony for the 2 bedroom. I'm almost positive that all of the 2 bedroom suites have one. Our 2 bedroom suite is the very front of the suite and has an enclosed balcony with windows. Our view will be the same as the Captain, straight out the front of the ship.

No problem on that balcony for the 2 bedroom. I'm almost positive that all of the 2 bedroom suites have one. Our 2 bedroom suite is the very front of the suite and has an enclosed balcony with windows. Our view will be the same as the Captain, straight out the front of the ship.

Yah...but have you seen the balconies for the aft PH suites?? *that* is what I've got my heart set on lol....they are amazing, especially the ones on deck 12...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/D6j5IgrMXyupV0r5yDY55rYui8aHs1weP7TNXhFjGZUuk5j4i1L60pYqSOcjNDehtTgbGg7FBOj4XiXPVv8FiUD6dZHIIjTNtXT_nFPNkV6lcM7XWfu7MGES184

have a look lol (You might want to make sure you're sitting before you click the link...)

I have not booked yet. He is currently 20, and will be 21 on December 13th. If I book the December 15th sailing, he will be 21 on the day we sail.

As for the other, it's really not that difficult to look at sailings and see the difference in the prices of the rooms based upon the date of the sailing. For instance, a cruise that is booked the week before Christmas is almost less than half the cost of the one booked on Christmas week. It's not that hard to read sailing dates and prices when they're in a big 'ol list just waiting to be read :) Unless you were trying to be snarky after having possibly misread and/or misinterpreted what I typed and didn't quite understand that I was not speaking to the cost of one booking dropping in price but one booking being a different price than another. In which case, I can only say that maybe you should understand what it is you're commenting on before you actually make the comment. That sort of insight is much sought after as well :)

Sorry, that has nothing to do with insight, it is just responding to what you stated. I can only go by what you post....I have no way of knowing what you meant. You said that if you waited, the price would drop by $3k...you did not say if you chose a later sailing that the price for that sailing was listed as being lower by $3k. There is a big difference.

Yah...but have you seen the balconies for the aft PH suites?? *that* is what I've got my heart set on lol....they are amazing, especially the ones on deck 12...

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/D6j5IgrMXyupV0r5yDY55rYui8aHs1weP7TNXhFjGZUuk5j4i1L60pYqSOcjNDehtTgbGg7FBOj4XiXPVv8FiUD6dZHIIjTNtXT_nFPNkV6lcM7XWfu7MGES184

have a look lol (You might want to make sure you're sitting before you click the link...)

That is indeed a lovely balcony. GL on your trip.

As others have said you can get on the ship at the same time. Go to the regular check in.

Actually, what someone who's actually gone through it (and recently) said was that I cannot go to the regular check in because of the suite reservation...

If you try the general check-in line they will have to stop when they realize some are VIP's and they cannot complete their check-in so you'll have to go to the other line anyway.

And people may not like having 'i have all this money' shoved in their faces but as the one going through it, I don't like repeating over and over again 'my mom just died'. Again, I only said it twice and only to explain that as someone not used to having the means to travel in this manner, all of this was completely new to me and totally unknown. But thanks again for your understanding, compassion and attempt to assist.

Sorry for your loss.

Hope your Mum is looking down when you and your family cruise.

Please come back and tell us all about it later.

Which ship is it you are sailing on?

If the price difference between regular balcony and suite is substantial - I personally wouldnt book the younger ones in a suite - Id put them in a regular balcony - and buy them a posh pass - is that possible on the ship you are cruising on?

As far as boarding together - we have cruised in suites for many years, categorically always board together and have never had an issue.

Whatever - have a wonderful vacation! Bon Voyage!

Sorry for your loss.

Hope your Mum is looking down when you and your family cruise.

Please come back and tell us all about it later.

Which ship is it you are sailing on?

If the price difference between regular balcony and suite is substantial - I personally wouldnt book the younger ones in a suite - Id put them in a regular balcony - and buy them a posh pass - is that possible on the ship you are cruising on?

As far as boarding together - we have cruised in suites for many years, categorically always board together and have never had an issue.

Whatever - have a wonderful vacation! Bon Voyage!

Thanks :) I'm sure she would be and she'd be beside herself knowing she made it possible. I want to put my husband's sons in w/e cabin we can afford, even if it is another suite but I don't think that the configuration is available for when we can/want to sail. I'm shooting for The Breakaway. Not only is it a new ship to a gorgeous destination that actually has my husband's interest (he's keen on Kennedy space center) but it sails out of NYC and I've always wanted to go there. I'm hopefully going to be able to take more pictures than a human should be allowed and I'll post them along with a review when we get back. And thank you for sharing your personal knowledge of the question at hand with regard to boarding. People in my situation are probably understanding of the fact that I'm not trying to get around anything or abuse anything, I just want my whole family to get on the ship together.

Archived