[quote name='Lindaras']Thanks for your response! Would the water be hot enough to pour through a Melitta cone I wonder? If so, I could bring that, along with my favorite coffee. Hmmmmmmm . . .[/QUOTE]
The melita is a great idea. We recently went to Disney World and they also have instant coffee machines every where. The Melita worked great.

There would not be a need to get creative inorder to obtainfor a decent cup of coffee onboard a Princess ship without paying an additional charge.

I have sailed over five hundred days on Princess and been forced to buy a coffee card each time .
Coffee from concentrate is not acceptable to me.

It would be nice for passengers who have sailed over five hundred days to have a sticker on their cruise card that would entitle them to a simple good cup of coffee.

There is no incentive on Princess to sail beyond the 151 days. The perks are the same for those who have sailed 151 days and those who have sailed over 500.

Higher Captain Cirlce tiers would be welcomed.

On other cruise lines my loyalty would have entitled me to a free cruise. All I am asking for is a decent cup of coffee.

I have a Bomul mini coffee kettle (17 oz) [URL]http://www.thewhistlingkettle.com/bodum-electric-mini-kettle.html[/URL]. It's just big enough to boil water for two mugs of coffee. It is two pieces. One is the kettle, and the other is the stand that has the cord. Neither the kettle nor the base has any exposed heating element. The kettle is auto-off.... once the water boils, the kettle shuts off. If it is turned on with no water in it, the thermal overload will trip it off.

Would something like this be automatically confiscated by Princess? Seems to me that here is no fire hazard. I would love to be able to brew tea, as well as enjoy some chai latte from a powdered mix (not perfect, but better than not having it!), which I'm told is not available on the ships.

• 2 weeks later...
[quote name='cpcruzr']The worst cup of coffee I ever had was from Princess buffet area. Always buy a coffee card, but I don't understand why their regular coffee is so awful. Anyone who sails Princess knows about the awful coffee, bad reputation for Princess![/quote]

While Princess isn't my favorite cruise line, and having sailed on many lines, I must agree and add that on all of the cruise lines, the buffet and restaurant coffee is horrible.

I have never had a good cup of coffee unless I get it at the specialty coffee area- or order cappuccino or special freshly brewed coffee on any line.

• 3 weeks later...
we usually brought a 4 cup coffee maker on the cruises and ground French roast from home and made coffee in the room each morning. Then we gave the pot to the steward at the end. We can buy them for abut $5-6 and then we get our coffee as strong as we like. Having sailed on HAL ships for the last 5 years we always had good coffee. We have taken VIA along just in case.

• 2 weeks later...
My husband is a true coffee addict and gets cranky without it first thing in the morning. And he doesn't want to have to get ready for 30 minutes to get to the buffet to have his first sip.

Hopefully they have request cards we can place on the stateroom doors for the night before to bring us a.m. coffee.

I was disappointed that we couldn't have a coffee maker in our stateroom.

I sailed on Royal Princess in June. Having tasted the horrible coffee aboard Coral Princess (Alaska, 2011), I decided to bring a Melitta cone, filters, a heating coil and a little metal 'pitcher' for boiling enough water for a single cup. That worked well, although our cabin steward advised us to keep our equipment in a drawer lest a cabin inspection result in it being taken away from us. We also tried ordering hot water to be brought to the cabin in the AM. It came in a carafe, and was hot enough to make coffee with.

But the best news is, at least on Royal Princess, the buffet coffee (and room service coffee) is much improved. I think it is actually brewed from ground coffee instead of the old syrup method.

I guess I'm enough of a coffee hound that I will continue to bring my 'kit'. I mean, what if you order coffee for 7AM and you wake up at 6AM? Who wants to wait?

[quote name='Lindaras']

I guess I'm enough of a coffee hound that I will continue to bring my 'kit'. I mean, what if you order coffee for 7AM and you wake up at 6AM? Who wants to wait?[/QUOTE]

I think that is quite clever to have a kit.

My husband grew up on an Iowa working family farm drinking coffee since he was six years old. If he had to wait an hour he'd probably go through withdrawal. LOL.

Archived