carnival sunshine are there still problems

Joyroyle

See, it's a minor problem to you..... until:

Your kids who have been waiting on the water park, can't swim, can't play in the water park.

or... you're handicapped and can't get down hallways because construction mess is parked there.

or.... you accidentally brush up against the live electrical wires hanging from the ceiling.

or...you can't use your room toilet or shower for the entire 12 day cruise.

or... your room is made uninhabitable by the raw sewage running down the walls?

or... you wake up with a headache every morning from the sealant fumes that the ventilation system poured into your room. How many brain cells did sniffin' THAT glue kill?

or..... there's an emergency and you die because you're trapped against an emergency exit that's blocked and/or locked.

But hey, he got a T-shirt, so that makes it all better!

You hit the nail on the head!

Yes, but it was the inaugrual. Delays are common. On new builds, the lines usually plan for several "pre" cruises before the scheduled inaugrual, which get "announced" (often to repeat cruisers) once the real completion date becomes evident. Carnival probably should have done that here, but I suspect they did not because it would have been very difficult to fill the last minute "pre" cruises given the current airfare situation. And, I don't think they could have imagined the crazy weather issues (the reason for the Waterworks delay) and labor problems. A valuable lesson was learned by some about booking a ship during the first few sailings after construction/dry dock (the same also could be said for the sailings just before dry dock, as some of the demo often begins then). It is the only reason I booked a more expensive June Sunshine cruise, rather than the cheap ones in April and May (sometimes you do get what you pay for).

Those who were "stuck" with the inaugural cruise did not book it as such!

Shouldn't they have been in school in May? Or at least taking advantage of the European ports? I would have given them the OBC from it not being available to spend at the Cherry on Top. I would have at least warned them that we were getting a great deal on a cruise, but taking a risk that some stuff might not be ready. Use the money saved to go to Raging Waters or Great Wolf Lodge.

Anyone handicappers report this happened?

I guess I missed who this happened to. Oh, and did TY test to see of those wires were "live" (I wish:D).

I'm not sure anyone actually reported being out for 12 days. At most, a couple of days, but they got a huge ($700) OBC. I think I'd take that to piss down the hall for a couple of days (or even 12). Those that have reported they had actual issues have also said they were adequately compensated (except for those who had their feelings hurt by the comedian). Shouldn't that be enough for the rest of us.

Not even TY went to these dramatics. That was the Triumph that was said to have that problem.

And that happened to......? And, I can't think of one ship where people have not complained of fumes from time to time.

I do feel bad for the, um, ZERO people who died (much less were injured) because some things were not completed on time.

If we are talking about hypotheticals, I was very concerned about the people who were abducted by the aliens, who we all know are attracted to empty pools. :D

Well, I hope all your hard earned $$$$'s on your next Carnival cruise don't go to waste as it did on so many others. :(

One thing you have to remember that the ship is mechanics is still mainly the Destiny's nothing really change. They did not replace the major mechanical components of the ship. one of the big complaints before was the smell so why would you think it would go away?

All they did is remodel. They did not gut the ship and replace engines, pluming, electrical and so on. They may have added some new stuff to help with the extra load but for the most part the core mechanics is still the same. Pig with lip stick is still a pig.

There were pictures like he's describing on an official review of the inaugural voyage. He's not making anything up unless its an extremely elaborate and unlikely hoax.

What people also need to remember is that there was probably a significant appearance difference from the inaugural cruise and the one Sarge Schultz went on last week

I believe them both

Its fair to say there was a significant appearance difference between when we left Venice and when we arrived in Barcelona on the inaugural cruise. It did feel like you were getting off a different ship to what you boarded at the start of the cruise.

For a start, the lifts were not visiting floor 16 by the end of the holiday (for those without deck plans to hand, there is no floor 16! but thats what they said... 14, 12, 10, 9, 16, 8, 6,5 ....)

There are clearly some outstanding issues if they are still bumping people off cruises at great expense to accommodate contractors.

For some reason, regardless of the evidence posted all over, there are some people that still don't believe it.

I'm glad we're not booked until next April. I'm hopeful all the bugs will be worked out.

Things will be 'normal' on the Sunshine soon. Don't worry about your cruise next April.

As one poster said that was also on the May 5th cruise, things were better at the end of the 12 day cruise than at the beginning. Many, many contractors were on board and very visible each day. This was good in that they were working hard to solve the problem. I must say though, it reminded people that there WERE many problems. I saw more repair personnel each day of our cruise than I had in all the previous cruises combined. (We've been on 8 other cruises).

Some people who cruised on Destiny before did not like the ship. They probably won't like Sunshine either.

We made the best of it and tried to focus on having fun. The Carnival experience was not what we had hoped and we were very disappointed.

It will be interesting to read the reviews once Sunshine repositions to the Caribbean. IMO this ship is CROWDED and no amount of friendly service or Guy's burgers is going to make up for that.

I liked some of the things that were added during the dry dock. Guy's Burgers and the Cantina out in the pool area were great. The Rum bar and Tequila bar were fine but most pool bars are fine too.

Options for dining were nice and we did go to JiJi's on a sea day for lunch. We enjoyed it and would have gone to the steakhouse for dinner but we were with a large group and had fun dining together in the main dining room. We usually enjoy trying the extra cost dining options and have felt that they were worth the extra cost.

The Waterworks is a nice addition and will be very popular as the weather warms up. It would have been nice to have Waterworks and the main pool available during our cruise.

It didn't work out that way. I'm not going to let that ruin my great memories of Europe.

The one thing to keep in mind is that Carnival added rooms for 500 more people on this ship while keeping the public area space about the same.

You have to decide if this ship will work for you. If we were going on another Europe trip where we will be off the ship all day almost every day then this ship would work if the price was right. Otherwise we would choose to spend our money elsewhere.

When we boarded in Venice and there were so many problems being reported by strangers (and some members of our own large party) it was easy to question the decision of picking the Sunshine. I will admit I looked over at Serenade of the Seas and sighed.......

Full disclosure - we are Platinum on Royal and this was our first Carnival cruise. Some members of our party had been on Carnival 6 or 7 times but we were the Carnival virgins.

We will try Carnival again some time but I think our next cruise will be either Princess (again) or Celebrity (another virgin experience!):D

Archived