Grandeur Fire - My experience 100% positive

I really enjoy reading your (and a few others who chimed in) experience. I tend to be a worry ward and this kind of incidences scare me a lot. It is good for me to read other people's perspective and feel reassured by the crew.

I know there were a few people who really snapped during and after the muster on the 24May sailing fire. Aside from having a self-healing ship or the power of fortunetelling to have prevented this fire there is nothing else I could think to ask of from Royal Caribbean in the manner they handled things.

My group of 4 was in the very center aft on deck 7, right above where the fire was taking place. It is scary in hind sight knowing where the fire was and after seeing the ship from outside, but none of us ever were more than tense during the event.

I'm happy to answer questions as I can, be it about the ship post-refurb, in general, or the event itself. I can only give my experience, comments of the different speculation going around onboard (which there was a lot), what I learned from talking to staff, and whatnot.

The staff was amazing. I cannot say that loudly enough.

I've posted my experience here:

http://staynegative.blogspot.com/2013/05/on-23rd-we-headed-down-to-baltimore-for.html

Judy

thanks for sharing your experience!! it's very reassuring!!! :)

Archived