Booking the Legend - what cabin would you pick from Tampa to Sydney...

JWGrayson

Hubby and I are looking forward to the TP. We were supposed to do it last year on the Spirit, but hubby's new job had training during that time. We are hoping for a good 4k, anyone know which ones have the least obstruction?

That looks like an awesome balcony! I asked about a similarly size balcony on the Miracle, but was told the room was for handicapped passengers. It could have been 7303 or 7260.

ohn

I can tell you for a fact that 7303 is a handicap cabin. My daughter and her dh are booked in it for our November Cruise.

She had to fill out paper work and send it to Carnival to prove she needed the cabin along with information on her electric wheel chair.

My husband is semi retired. I have 2 1/2 years to go....can't wait to spend a month on ship going to all the ports! As bad as I hate riviera deck I would take a 4A on riviera if I had to. :eek:

It looks like the itineraries have been delayed again until the 10th...

AARRGGHH...here is exactly what John said.

6/10 mate for the trans Pacific and Australia schedules. you may have to wait awhile longer for the dry dock details. cheers mate and thanks again for your kindness to ron, I know how much he appreciated it. all the best mate

It is funny how things change, but as of yesterday we'll not be able to take the Legend in 2014. We are going to be caregivers for my 96 year old Mother as soon as we return from the Legend on 10/10/13. John

Hello Everybody,

It looks like a reunion cruise, that will be cool. In our case, funding will determine our room choice. ;)

Bob and Caryn

Hi Bob and Caryn. I was wondering if I'd see you on here. This will be a great pre-retirement present, Bob. I hope you haven't been affected much by the sequester.

Hubby and I are looking forward to the TP. We were supposed to do it last year on the Spirit, but hubby's new job had training during that time. We are hoping for a good 4k, anyone know which ones have the least obstruction?

I remember you from last yr's Spirit roll call. I hope you can make it this time

June 10?? Drat :(. I'm leaving on 6/12 for a few days in PA with my brother and sister. By the time I get back and can get with my TA, all the good cabins will be gone (that's if I'm traveling solo).

(Patience, Karen, patience :o.)

Karen

Many of us that did the Spirit repo last year, are also waiting for the itinerary.

The Legend may also do a Pacific coast, then maybe 1 or 2 Alaska trips, so it can leave from Vancouver to Hawaii, if it does a Hawaii leg.

I boarded the Spirit in Seattle last year, and then took her all the way to Sydney. Though the last leg to Sydney was posted as 17 days, it was only 16, since we lost a day crossing Intl. date line.

I will only do the last leg this time, so I can see more of Australia, this time around. I will probably look into a 4K this time. I sure hope she goes to Bora Bora again...LOVE that place.

I did the Elation repo through the canal in 2010, and it is a really awesome trip for those that have never done it.

Hi Deb!

We are also waiting for this itinerary to open up. I really want to go back to Bora Bora.

Hi Bob and Caryn. I was wondering if I'd see you on here. This will be a great pre-retirement present, Bob. I hope you haven't been affected much by the sequester.

I remember you from last yr's Spirit roll call. I hope you can make it this time

June 10?? Drat :(. I'm leaving on 6/12 for a few days in PA with my brother and sister. By the time I get back and can get with my TA, all the good cabins will be gone (that's if I'm traveling solo).

(Patience, Karen, patience :o.)

Karen

Hi Karen!

We are impatient for the bookings to open up also. :o But good things come to those who wait. Bob was never sequestered, the controllers were exempted from them at the last minute.

This will be a great cruise, there is nothing bad about Tahiti.

8315339863_d34a33b189_n.jpg

Goregeous by nofocruiser, on Flickr

8316387750_63313bf1b4_n.jpg

Bay in Mo'orea by nofocruiser, on Flickr

Many of us are waiting??? I dunno I think all of us are waiting judging from all the emails I have been getting and the thousands on Facebook that I only hear about. We had so much fun we want to do it again, but keep that part a secret....:rolleyes: Hi Deb - Hi Karen...;)

Ain't that the truth! :D

Hi Deb!

We are also waiting for this itinerary to open up. I really want to go back to Bora Bora.

Hi Carynh and Karen!

Want to hear about your SA cruise, but it will probably be forgotten by the time we go to Australia again...haha

Luckily, this cruise will fall into my 2 yr. cancellation window, so I will be able to use my remaining $700 from my SA canceled cruises. And having to pay a double deposit for being solo, I shouldn't have to much to pay at final payment.

I sure hope they stop in Bora Bora again also.

I also hope they put in the cappuccino machines on the Lido during dry dock...loved my cap or 2 in the morning.

AARRGGHH...here is exactly what John said.

6/10 mate for the trans Pacific and Australia schedules. you may have to wait awhile longer for the dry dock details. cheers mate and thanks again for your kindness to ron, I know how much he appreciated it. all the best mate

It is funny how things change, but as of yesterday we'll not be able to take the Legend in 2014. We are going to be caregivers for my 96 year old Mother as soon as we return from the Legend on 10/10/13. John

John, I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to make the trip to Oz. Your mother is very lucky to have you and Linda.

Karen

John, I'm sorry to hear that you won't be able to make the trip to Oz. Your mother is very lucky to have you and Linda.

Karen

Thanks for the kinds words Karen. This will change our lives, but will include many blessings I'm sure. John

Hi George, I looked at that. Using a Sep 2014 Hawaii cruise, I compared that cabin to an aft balcony on decks 5, 6 or 7 and found it to be 50% more expensive. I was put off on deck 8 as it is right below the lido pool area. Not sure if that would be a problem, but just in case I skipped it.

Depending on the price, we might just end up in a 4K cabin. But, my wife is not willing to book it. She would rather have an extended balcony. So, the aft balconies look like a good fit.

We will also be on the Legend, starting 9/1 for 39 days. Since you said summer, I'm assuming you will be on one of the Baltic cruises. Have fun!

John

Just one little thought about the aft extended balcony cabin. Friends we made on the ship (Rhapsody of the Seas) on a recent 18 day cruise showed us their aft balcony cabin. Whilst they loved it they said their one drawback was that it was a long way to walk to some of the ships venues and other locations when they were situated so far at the back of the ship. As I said, just a little point, but they were a bit sick of that longer walk by the end of the cruise.

We stayed in a very midships balcony cabin and found that whenever we left the room for a show or activity we never had far to walk because we were very centrally located.

For many of us this would make very little difference, but if walking is an issue, then maybe it's worth considering.

Delayed again until the 17th...

Bummer....sure hope the itinerary is a good one. But it does make a person wonder why there are so many delays. I am just wondering because we have an Alaskan cruise booked for August.

• 1 month later...

It's on sale. I just saw this on John Heald's Facebook page and called Carnival and booked room 4122. The cruise, however, is not listed on their website.

• Carnival Legend: 23 day Transpacific from Los Angeles

2014: 08/30/2014

Sat Legend Los Angeles (Long Beach), CA 8:00 PM

Sun Legend "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Mon Legend "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Tue Legend Puerto Vallarta, Mexico 8:00 AM 8:00 PM

Wed Legend "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Thu Legend "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Fri Legend "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Sat Legend "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Sun Legend Crossing the Equator At Sea At Sea

Tue Legend "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Wed Legend Papeete (Tahiti), Polynesia 8:00 AM 6:00 PM

Thu Legend Moorea (Tahiti), Polynesia 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Fri Legend Bora Bora (Tahiti), Polynesia 7:00 AM 4:00 PM

Tue Legend Cross International Dateline At Sea At Sea

Wed Legend Suva, Fiji Islands 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Thu Legend "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Fri Legend Noumea, New Caledonia 9:00 AM 5:00 PM

Mon Legend Sydney, Australia 6:30 AM

Prior to the above mentioned cruise, there is a Panama Canal crossing:

2014: 08/17/2014

Sun Legend Tampa, FL 4:00 PM

Tue Legend Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands 8:00 AM 5:00 PM

Thu Legend Cartagena, Colombia 7:00 AM 2:00 PM

Fri Legend Panama Canal Transit 6:00 AM 5:00 PM

Sun Legend Puntarenas, Costa Rica 8:00 AM 4:00 PM

Tue Legend "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Thu Legend Cabo San Lucas, Mexico 8:00 AM 3:00 PM

Fri Legend "Fun Day" At Sea At Sea At Sea

Sun Legend Los Angeles (Long Beach), CA 9:00 AM

Prior to the above mentioned cruise, there is a Panama Canal crossing:

2014: 08/17/2014

Watching the site, as I'd like to see pricing on this sailing..!!:)

Legend is a 'smaller' ship than some, and the walk to the aft cabins isn't that bad.. :o Would book one in a heartbeat!:D

Watching the site, as I'd like to see pricing on this sailing..!!:)

Legend is a 'smaller' ship than some, and the walk to the aft cabins isn't that bad.. :o Would book one in a heartbeat!:D

The pricing is now on the Carnival website.

Archived