Entertainment and Gluten Free Food Near These Hotels?

honeymooner77

I've narrowed down my pre cruise stay options to these hotels, but I'm wondering about dining and entertainment options near each of them. Also, since I eat gluten free, I have to think about that as well. Our flight arrives in the mid afternoon, and I'm not looking for beach time, necessarily, because we're doing that after the cruise. So, dinner, shopping, and/or a movie would be great. We won't have a rental car and I'm trying to be economical in planning for cab fare. This is a girls' trip with my mom.

1)Courtyard by Marriott Beach--I know this is near Las Olas. Is it within walking distance to the shops on Las Olas? Is there an Outback Steakhouse nearby or other restaurants you think my accommodate food allergies? Since we'll have to cab it from the airport and to the port, I'm trying to find walkable activities.

2)Embassy Suites--food location here is great near Publix and Outback. Are there entertainment options nearby?

3)Courtyard by Marriott Airport and Cruise Port--love the free shuttles here, so this is a good choice. But Im wondering most about food options and entertainment in this neighborhood.

I'd appreciate your input! Thanks a bunch.

Jessica

I've narrowed down my pre cruise stay options to these hotels, but I'm wondering about dining and entertainment options near each of them. Also, since I eat gluten free, I have to think about that as well. Our flight arrives in the mid afternoon, and I'm not looking for beach time, necessarily, because we're doing that after the cruise. So, dinner, shopping, and/or a movie would be great. We won't have a rental car and I'm trying to be economical in planning for cab fare. This is a girls' trip with my mom.

1)Courtyard by Marriott Beach--I know this is near Las Olas. Is it within walking distance to the shops on Las Olas? Is there an Outback Steakhouse nearby or other restaurants you think my accommodate food allergies? Since we'll have to cab it from the airport and to the port, I'm trying to find walkable activities.

2)Embassy Suites--food location here is great near Publix and Outback. Are there entertainment options nearby?

3)Courtyard by Marriott Airport and Cruise Port--love the free shuttles here, so this is a good choice. But Im wondering most about food options and entertainment in this neighborhood.

I'd appreciate your input! Thanks a bunch.

Jessica

The Marriott Courtyard by the beach is within walking distance of the shops on Downtown Las Olas Blvd if you consider a 2-mile walk "within walking distance". That said, the walk along Las Olas Blvd from the beach to downtown is a scenic one if you are physically able to do it. There is a Cheesecake Factory on downtown Las Olas Blvd, and it has been my experience that they can accommodate food allergies including gluten-free.

If you stay at the Courtyard Marriott Airport (in Dania Beach), there is a movie theatre a short cab ride (2 1/2 miles) away at the Oakwood Plaza shopping center. Also at the Oakwood Plaza shopping center, there are many restaurants including TGI Friday's, Dave and Busters, The Ale House, McDonald's, Moonlight Diner, Sweet Tomatoes, Sal's Italian Ristorante. I would imagine that at least one of these would be able to accommodate gluten-free requirements.

Archived