2 cabins=2 C&A credits

On our last cruise---7 days on the Voyager March5-12, 2005, we took our children and booked 2 cabins--does that count for 2 cruises toward our C&A membership? If it does we're Platinum by the time we pay for the Navigator Nov.5, 2005 cruise.

No, the C&A memberships are for individuals. So your wife will get one C&A credit for her membership and you'll get one C&A credit for your membership. You'll both still need more credits to reach platinum. The credits are not given based on how many staterooms you've paid for, but how often each individual has cruised.

On our last cruise---7 days on the Voyager March5-12, 2005, we took our children and booked 2 cabins--does that count for 2 cruises toward our C&A membership? If it does we're Platinum by the time we pay for the Navigator Nov.5, 2005 cruise.

I wish it worked that way. Our daughters, now 20 & 25, are platinum because of the cabins we've paid for. We've also paid for both our mothers' last 3 day cruise and we are buying the next one (they are both widows...have anything they could possibly need...so the cruise is their birthday/xmas/mother's day gifts). Next year, we're also buying (well... our company is) my husband's supervisors a 3 day cruise as a bonus if they reach their profit goal by the end of the year. That alone is 10 cabins. With all the cabins we've paid for over the years (or have booked) we'd be diamond plus-plus....LOL

Keep track of your kid's cruises and when they turn 18, they will become C&A members and the cruises they have taken will be applied to their membership.

Our son has only done 4 RCI cruises, and has been registered with his own C&A number. When he turned 18 last year, they sent him a letter telling him that he was Platinum, it appears that he "inherited" platinum status from us. Since we are going on the AOS this week, is a suite (YAY!) he will have met the requirements for Platinum status, anyway.

Hypo

Guest OBAYbee
Were you able to register your children as C&A members prior to their turning 18?

My son became Platinum the second he turned 18 too.

Khank, no you will not be able to register your son until he turns 18. I did that the month after his birthday and he received his own C&A card and magazines. I even got to use his C&A number to book a room on FOS. We needed several rooms and while he could not reserve one because of his age I could reserve a room using his number as long as he was in the room.

(Weird how at 18 you can be a C&A member but you can't reserve a room w/o an adult)

Be sure you keep good records. You will need dates, cruise ship name etc to get the credit for past cruises.

When I signed up for C&A years ago, we had taken our sons on a Mexican cruise previous to that (terrible cruise, too: bad weather), so they got cards, too. When we reached Diamond level, they sent us cards for our sons, also. So, son #1 has been on one cruise and has a Diamond membership, and son #2 has been on 2 cruises and is Diamond.

I consider my sons' Diamond level C&A membership to be one of their perks for having us as parents!! :D :D :D

Archived