Upgrade fairy called for Breakaway sailing 6/9!

SNL4

Sounds like they are having trouble selling Breakaway rooms. I smell some price drops.

I certainly hope so. We had to cancel our june 2 sailing which had been booked since last july. Waiting to see what the insurance says (medical issue) and hoping to be able to rebook the same ship. It would be nice to not have to spend a ton more to get what he had before!

That is so awesome! :)

I have a question about the upgrade fairy...if you get a call but don't want to upgrade (lets say you're in an aft suite who would give up that balcony??) so you decline...would they give you an OBC or anything instead? Or are you pretty much looking a gift horse in the mouth if you say no? (seriously, with the size of those s6 balconies, the only thing I'd even consider as an upgrade would be a DOS lol)

I agree with you and since there's no DOS available on Sunday's sailing, there will be no call. Very happy where I am, can't wait!!!!

Pat :D

• 1 month later...
Just got a call from the upgrade fairy over at NCL for my sailing on the Breakaway departing in 4 days!

We were moved from an inside cabin on deck 5, category IB, to a family balcony on deck 12, category B3!

I was already pretty excited for this cruise but this is quite the icing on the cake. :D

Now that you are home from your cruise which we are sure you enjoyed, we are hoping that you will be so kind as to answer a few questions for us, please?

We are in the process of booking a B3 category cabin on the Breakaway.

Would you mind sharing your experience regarding your B3 category cabin with us, please? The good as well as the bad.

We are trying to decide between a cabin all the way forward, all the way aft or by the elevators.

Which do you think would be better? Where was your cabin (or cabin #)? Are there a lot of kids and/or noise around the "Splash" area cabins?

Do you happen to know if there are any B3 cabins that do not adjoin with another cabin?

Any first hand information you can give us, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so very much.

:) T. :)

:confused::confused::confused:

That is so awesome! :)

I have a question about the upgrade fairy...if you get a call but don't want to upgrade (lets say you're in an aft suite who would give up that balcony??) so you decline...would they give you an OBC or anything instead? Or are you pretty much looking a gift horse in the mouth if you say no? (seriously, with the size of those s6 balconies, the only thing I'd even consider as an upgrade would be a DOS lol)

I think the same thing....we are s6, deck 12. The 2 bedroom suite would be nice but the balcony is so small compared to mine right now! Lol I said the only upsell I'd be interested in is DOS! Lol

Now that you are home from your cruise which we are sure you enjoyed, we are hoping that you will be so kind as to answer a few questions for us, please?

We are in the process of booking a B3 category cabin on the Breakaway.

Would you mind sharing your experience regarding your B3 category cabin with us, please? The good as well as the bad.

We are trying to decide between a cabin all the way forward, all the way aft or by the elevators.

Which do you think would be better? Where was your cabin (or cabin #)? Are there a lot of kids and/or noise around the "Splash" area cabins?

Do you happen to know if there are any B3 cabins that do not adjoin with another cabin?

Any first hand information you can give us, would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so very much.

:) T. :)

:confused::confused::confused:

Sure - I can do my best. We were in 12750, a 3-person B3. Other members of our party were in a BD on Deck 9. As far as we could tell, they were exactly the same in terms of the room.

Our room was forward (not a far walk from the forward elevator/stairs). We did not hear any noise from the Splash kids club. Any action would have been near the elevator banks and it was for the kids (under 13, I think) who needed to be signed in/out so they wouldn't be running around the halls there anyway.

I don't get seasick so room location doesn't matter as much to me (front/back). Being near an elevator/stairwell is helpful just for the convenience factor. I thought deck 12 was pretty nice since we generally use the stairs and it was right in between the outdoor decks (15+) and the indoor events (6-8). I probably would pick the aft areas more than the forward, since I tended to spend a lot more time there (H20, buffet, dining, lounges).

I see a very small handful of B3's that don't connect. Ours was connected with a random room but it wasn't an issue of any sort (noise, etc). We could hear/see the shuffleboard players below when we were on the balcony, but otherwise it was a quiet area.

I think the same thing....we are s6, deck 12. The 2 bedroom suite would be nice but the balcony is so small compared to mine right now! Lol I said the only upsell I'd be interested in is DOS! Lol

We got the upsell call 4 days before our cruise on 6/23. We were in an S6 on deck 11, they wanted to upsell us to a DOS on Deck 16 for about $2500 more. Flat out told them NO THANK YOU! Loved my lovely aft S6 balcony.

Archived