Carry on luggage

I have never been stopped bringing three items with me as carryons. I am now hearing that we may bring 2 items, and a purse counts as one. I know that this is true for the airlines but I didn't think that it was for the ship. I use an overnight suitcase as a carryon, I bring a beach bag and a purse. I did this for my past cruises and have not had a problem. My husband will have a rolling cooler, carryon bag and a camera case. Has anyone read that RCCL has changed their policy?

I don't think there are any restrictions on how many carryons that you can bring on the ship. The only restrictions are that it has to fit through an x-ray scanner just like at the airport and you will be standing in lines, going up stairs and escalators, etc. and you'll have to carry it with you the entire time which may take awhile.

Thanks. I thought it was the same as in the past. All of my things hook together so I am ok with transport. I definately over pack but since we don't have to fly to the port, I don't worry about it.

I go with the airline restrictions, and when I board the ship I also give them the additional piece that I carried onto the airplane. There are no restrictions for checked luggage at the pier. Inasmuch as I almost always have to come in the day before, I have the chance to pack the piece that I carry on to the ship. In addition to my purse, I board with a very light weight (Vera Bradley type) tote bag in order to carry on medication, film, camera etc. etc. When I get to the cabin I leave that bag behind, then go to lunch. I have been on almost 30 cruises, this works!

:confused: I have a question: isnt it true that when you drop your luggage off that it may not be at your room until after dinner, or from my TA i heard it may be as late as 11pm???? This is my first cruise (honeymoon :) and I'm kinda nervous about leaving all of my luggage for that long of a time..... what do ya'll think????

Beachbride,

Have only been on 2 cruises, maybe we got lucky but our luggage arrived before 11PM! :) I think it was before dinner on the Explorer (before 6:00) and the Carnival it was later but still before 8:00PM. Just to be safe, I would make sure you have someting in your carry on that will work for dinner. Slacks for your hubby and a skirt or slacks for you; that is if you want to eat in the main dining room.

Your TA is right,it could be that late. I've always had my bags no later than 7:30,but there's always a first time. I always pack a small wheeled carryon,the 22"size,if I'm flying.I take this personally on the ship,so I know it reaches my cabin safely.I pack 2 extra underwear,swimsuit,any meds,2 pr shorts and 2 tops,and a nightie for myself. I pack the same for hubby,minus nightie of course. This way,if the worst happens and my luggage disappears,we have enough basics to wear and launder,and reuse. So far, I've never had anything happen,but I'm prepared just in case. More peace of mind that way. Congrats on your upcoming wedding and your 1st cruise. :D

On our first cruise we didn't get our luggage until about 10:00 pm and I was unprepared for this. We had to be up the airport in Toronto by 6:00 a.m., so I had been in my travelling clothes until our arrival to ship in the afternoon. I never considered that my luggage would not board with me. Spent a hot afternoon without my swimsuit, no toiletries etc. and no change of clothes. I never made that mistake again. I now carry swimsuit, a change of clothes for dinner and meds/toiletries, and the usual camera, valuables, etc.

Beachbride - Congratulation on your upcoming wedding and have a very happy cruise. Where are you cruising to for your honeymoon?

Archived