Dining room dress code

satchiesmom

Here it is... straight from the horse's mouth. From the NCL website:

"When it comes to what to wear, you can go resort casual or get decked-out and look your best - it’s your call. That’s the freedom of Freestyle Cruising. We even have special “Dress-Up or Not Night.” It’s the perfect opportunity to get your portrait taken with your family, that special someone or even with the ship’s Captain.

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Cruise casual is also allowed day and night on embarkation day.

Wear smart casual if you are eating dinner in the aft main dining room (our more formal dining room) and in Le Bistro on cruises longer than five days. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it’s jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Traditional Bermuda shorts along with long socks, loafers and a blazer are all acceptable on a Bermuda cruise.

We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. You may want to pack a sweater too—air conditioning can be chilly."

There you have it. Have a great cruise! :)

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forums mobile app

and most importantly, always looked at least 5 years younger than I really am (even now, at 33, I still get frequently carded for purchases with age limit of 18)

I can guarantee you that, at 33, you don't look 18. What DOES create this illusion (and I'm not sure why so many people are proud of this) is carrying yourself in a way more suited to an 18-year-old than a 33-year-old, and manner of dress is certainly part of the equation. Every time I've seen someone who claims to look like a fetus in their mid-30s, their face has never, ever been the aspect that looks young. I, too, have been carded for lottery tickets when I haven't been dressed in a way that tells people I'm not a college kid anymore.

That said, NCL gets to decide what's appropriate for its ships, not us... so, regardless of anyone's personal opinion, NCL's rules are the only rules that apply.

Here it is... straight from the horse's mouth. From the NCL website:

"When it comes to what to wear, you can go resort casual or get decked-out and look your best - it’s your call. That’s the freedom of Freestyle Cruising. We even have special “Dress-Up or Not Night.” It’s the perfect opportunity to get your portrait taken with your family, that special someone or even with the ship’s Captain.

Dress cruise casual anytime during the day, in the buffet and in most specialty restaurants. For women, it includes summer and casual dresses, skirts, regular or capri pants, shorts, jeans and tops. Khakis, jeans, shorts and casual shirts are fine for men. Swimwear is acceptable at the buffet and outdoor restaurant, but a shirt or a cover-up and footwear are required. Cruise casual is also allowed day and night on embarkation day.

Wear smart casual if you are eating dinner in the aft main dining room (our more formal dining room) and in Le Bistro on cruises longer than five days. For women, it includes slacks or jeans, dresses, skirts and tops. For men, it’s jeans or slacks with a collared shirt and closed-toed shoes. Traditional Bermuda shorts along with long socks, loafers and a blazer are all acceptable on a Bermuda cruise.

We want you to be comfortable, but tank tops for men, flip flops, baseball caps, visors and jeans that are overly faded, with holes or tears and worn below the hips are not permitted in main dining rooms or specialty restaurants. Kids 12 and under are welcome to wear nice shorts in all our restaurants. You may want to pack a sweater too—air conditioning can be chilly."

There you have it. Have a great cruise! :)

Thanks for posting this. If people have issues, then take them up with NCL. On our first cruises I packed all sorts of vintage cocktail dresses. It was fun to dress up but now I just want to be semi sort of casual. It makes packing easier and allows for comfort.

NCL tries to please everybody.. That why one MDR you can wear shorts and the other you cannot.. If you are one who turns there nose up at shorts dine in the aft MDR and your dinner may not be spoiled... Ill be in the Mid ship MDR

Archived