FWD cabin on Riviera Deck ~ Motion sickness?

jenale80

Just booked a short getaway for DH and I. Was able to snag an interior with porthole windows at a great price, so I quickly jumped on it.

So then I begin to worry that maybe being so FWD and on a low deck that I would get sea sick :o

I get car sick fairly easy. This will be my 6th cruise and I haven't had a real issue with sea sickness. There have been 2 times that I can remember specifically getting that car sickness feeling while on the ship, but it soon passed.

Anyhow, for anyone, who get cars sick or something similar, have you booked a FWD cabin on a lower deck before? How did you fare?

I think I will be ok, I like the rocking of the ship when I sleep and don't plan to be in the room much :D just couldn't pass up the view for the interior price!

Considering this will be our first cruise without the kids and I assume there will be drinking and late nights..... I am thinking I should switch rooms. I don't want to chance being sick :(

I have been in a porthole cabin 3 times. I am very prone to sea sickness but never had a problem. Since the cabins are on the Riviera Deck, I doubt you'll have a problem. Enjoy your cruise.

Archived