3 questions about patricks tours on Bora Bora

cruisefun27

1. Does PG use Patricks to do their Lagoon Cruise and Polynesion Feast? They are both describe the same way and both are 5 hours.

2. What is the price for Patrick's 5 hour trip?

3.If not what is the difference?

I know there are someone that knows all the answers.Thank you

When did you go? Patrick is now part of the offical PG excursions and a few months back Patrick said PG cruisers had to book via the ship, at least that is what we were told by his office lady. This is the usual protocal with many vendors with the ships and the hotels. Unless something different happened and Patrick got an exception which would be really rare but maybe it happened. When did you go last?

TIki - I had contacted Patrick about 6 months ago and got a price, but as he wanted me to be responsible for the whole price of the boat, I declined as our roll call was almost dead. I was contacted by his company while still on the PG to find out if I was still interested, so I think he has boats that he does not offer to PG.

By the way, we went with Reef Discovery in Bora Bora (Christophe's company) and had Fabio as our guide. He was marvelous and very attentive to the people on the tour who were not experienced snorkelers.

It would seem that if you want to book a space or 2 you need to go through the PG .......... if you want a 'private' boat you need to book the whole thing. That would make sense.

We just wanted to book 2 places and were told to book through the ship. In 2011 we booked 2 boats through Patrick for 24 of us but that was before he got hooked up with PG directly.

Patrick's guys were running the PG tours when we were there last oct. honestly, the price for the private tour was about the same as the PG tour with the caveat that because we had 8 people, our price was better because the other boats had 10-14 ( I didn't count just guesstimating.) if we had 12 or more it would have been less, but if it had been fewer than 8 we would have paid more privately.

We went to he same place as Patricks other boats- so there was no benefit to going private other than a few less people on the boat.

So IMO unless you have a certain group already, it makes sense just to book the PG tour- you'll be guaranteed a spot for less than 2 of you privately and get essentially the same experience.

Thank you both Tiki and Family for the information on Patrick's. Next question. Is the same true for the atv trip on Moorea. Does Moorea's Tours run the PG atv trip also?:confused:

The 4 wheel jeep drive offered through PG - called Aito on the excursion list was run by a company called Moorea Explorer. I don't know if they did the ATV trip as well.

Archived