When do you pay your deposit?

psycomac

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, I searched but the only info I found was the different ways people pay off their cruise (waiting, paying installments, charging, etc).

Do you have to put down your deposit at the time you book? I want to book an s6 on the Breakaway and they are going fast. I won't have the money even for a deposit until the end of the month so I'm waiting because I assumed you had to put money down when you book.

Apologies if this has been asked and answered, I searched but the only info I found was the different ways people pay off their cruise (waiting, paying installments, charging, etc).

Do you have to put down your deposit at the time you book? I want to book an s6 on the Breakaway and they are going fast. I won't have the money even for a deposit until the end of the month so I'm waiting because I assumed you had to put money down when you book.

Yes, when you book. They can hold it for 24 hours, but then you have to make the deposit.

I don't understand the OP question. The profile says fav cruise line is Carnival.

That would indicate a past cruise experience. At least lic would dictate that.

So the the answer to the OP has already been answered by the OP, by proxy just by saying they have a favorite cruise line...

Strange huh?

I don't understand the OP question. The profile says fav cruise line is Carnival.

So the the answer to the OP has already been answered by the OP, by proxy just by saying they have a favorite cruise line...

Strange huh?

Not really no, since my last cruise was completely set up, arranged and paid for by my mother and I had no knowledge of the procedure that was taken.

But thanks for trying to be helpful instead of playing secret agent guy trying to catch me in some sort of lie or silly prank.

Understand the question now?

We have found that the size of the deposit can vary widely from one booking way to another. For our upcoming cruise, our local TA wanted twice as much as NCL and nearly three times as much as the online TA.

Thanks for the quick reply, and I was afraid you'd say that lol

Pretty standard, unfortunately. I had to wait to make my arrangements for 3 weeks because of it, but thankfully, they're unlikely to run out of your chosen room type that quickly, if you're doing it early. :D

DML

Strange huh?

A lot of times, other cruise lines will run specials where you do not have to pay your deposit until final payment is made. I have seen it numerous times.

not really no, since my last cruise was completely set up, arranged and paid for by my mother and i had no knowledge of the procedure that was taken.

but thanks for trying to be helpful instead of playing secret agent guy trying to catch me in some sort of lie or silly prank.

understand the question now?

lol! :d

lol! :d

Some people have nothing better to do I guess :P

And thanks everyone for your HELPFUL input, information and for the link to payment/cancellation schedules. That was ACTUALLY helpful.

Gee...I have a favorite movie too. Does that mean I'm an actor/director/screenwriter/producer?

Not really no, since my last cruise was completely set up, arranged and paid for by my mother and I had no knowledge of the procedure that was taken.

But thanks for trying to be helpful instead of playing secret agent guy trying to catch me in some sort of lie or silly prank.

Understand the question now?

Oh, snap! Well played! :)

A lot of times, other cruise lines will run specials where you do not have to pay your deposit until final payment is made. I have seen it numerous times.

Oh, that's new to me. I never seem to see specials that good. I see the half deposit specials, though. Those are always good.

DML

When I booked my upcoming cruise through an online TA, I was able to book without any deposit for the first two guests through a special they were running. I have seen that offered several times since then as well.

Archived