Ventura, The White room restaurant

jools04

We dined in the White room restaurant aboard the Ventura 4th June 2013.

What a fantastic experience, from the initial greeting, which was warm and friendly, the food was awesome, each course a master piece, and the service impeccable.

I have been on several cruises, eaten in many of the different restaurants but this was the best by a long way.

I would thoroughly recommend it, the cover charge in June 2013 was £25 per head, great value.

Well done !!!!!! :):)

Thanks for letting us know. How far ahead did you have to book? What did you eat? Can you remember any of the other alternatives?

We're on the Ventura at xmas / new year and have some OBC, so I think I know where some of it will be going now! Thanks.

We did plan to book a meal in East, but we have heard that it may not be as good since Atul Kochher devised the menu. I hear the beach house is nice in the evening, and there is no cover charge for that. In The Glass House do you just pay per item on the menu? and is it open for food in the evening, or are these more snacks than meals?

Have to agree the White Room was excellent, We also ate in the equivalent Seventeen on Azura last month which was also lovely.

Im not sure why the cover charge on Ventura is £25 but on Azura it is £28?

East was absolutely amazing, but Atul Kochar has it now so may have changed, We did try his Asian Tapas at Sindhu (Azura) and they were fantastic, we were gutted that we had no time to book a full dinner in there as it was fully booked:mad:

I am sure you will enjoy any one of them:)

We ate in the White Room in May and I can confirm it was lovely. First class service and free bellini when we sat down :) Can't remember the exact menu but it was one menu the first half of the week and a different one the second. A leaflet was handed out as soon as we boarded that had the two menus. We decided we liked the second one better and went and booked it the next day. It also happened to be the black and white formal night too so that made it extra special :)

We did plan to book a meal in East, but we have heard that it may not be as good since Atul Kochher devised the menu. I hear the beach house is nice in the evening, and there is no cover charge for that. In The Glass House do you just pay per item on the menu? and is it open for food in the evening, or are these more snacks than meals?

The Glass House on Ventura had a tapas type menu as well as main meals. We had lunch there on a sea day - it was about £5 each for 3 tapas style choices and it was delicious! We didn't eat there in the evening but I think there was food then. Good choice for a sea day as it was so much quieter than the buffet.

Archived