Tranz alpine cruise excursion

I will be cruising NZ in Nov with Celebrity. Akoara has train excursion from ship to Arthur's Pass. Is this part of the train ride the part with the best views or does that happen from Arthur's Pass to Greymouth? Any help is appreciated.

Marie

If you go to this Google map , you will be able to use Google Street view ( little yellow man) to give you an idea. The rail line doesn't follow the road all the way - but if you walk the little man along the road anywhere between Christchurch and Greymouth, you will get a good idea of it

Barry

Quilter55

I have not done the "Tranzalpine" but have done the Taieri Gorge rail trip out of Dunedin and that is spectacular.

You could consider this one if your ship is going to Dunedin. Out of all of the port visits in NZ Dunedin is our favourite.

John

I will be cruising NZ in Nov with Celebrity. Akoara has train excursion from ship to Arthur's Pass. Is this part of the train ride the part with the best views or does that happen from Arthur's Pass to Greymouth? Any help is appreciated.

Marie

we have done the train trip from Arthurs Pass to Christchurch a few years ago with Grand Pacific and it was great but if you are doing it take the ships tour as you will be guaranted to get back on time

Hi, I have done the train trip to Arthurs Pass with Princess from Christchurch (before the earthquake) it was great, going out passed a lot of horse studs ..beautiful scenery...we returned to Ship by bus. do it.

I have also been on the Taieri Gorge train...three times, I loved it so much..3 years running.

kind regards, Lorraine :):)

Archived