Survivors of NCL Hawaii 2004 cruises

:( Any other survivors of NCL's Hawaiian summer 2004 cruises. We joined the ranks in August for our 7 days of Hell. Am curious if anyone out there got any more compensation than the $35.00 per person and offer to once again be subjected to NCL's distaste for their passengers. A friend had an agent that fought for her and she received a $500 credit per person for future cruises. Unfortunately, my agent was not as adept at negotiations. We are, however, cruising again, but never on NCL.

Guest nhrich

You'd probably get a better response on the NCL board.

To the prior poster, there were service-related issues with the launch of the Pride of Aloha.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

We should have known when we were boarding and it was mass chaos and people coming off the Pride of Aloha were complaining and saying it was the worst cruise experience of their lives. We boarded after about 2 hours of confusion, and no one from the line was there to help, and we arrived at our cabin to find my son's bed made with urine and chocolate stained sheets. When we told the steward she said that it was o.k. because the stains just didn't come out in the wash (false, they were fresh). They were changed. We went down to dinner later, only to find a 3-4 hour wait in the dining room. This was a nightly occurance, which got worse because staff were leaving the ship at every port and not returning. The maitre'd said they did not expect people to be eating on the ship. Where did they expect us to eat? During the day you could not find anyone to get a drink from at the pools. Half the bars were closed, due to lack of staff. During my morning run the running deck was covered with puke, which was only cleaned when the desk was told. There was not regular maintenance nor cleaning during the entire cruise. At one point we saw the staff cleaning the floor with pool towels then handing them to people. These were a few of the many things that happened. The major problem was that there was no management to be found anywhere. Everytime you went to the desk to speak to someone you were told you would be called back and that never happened. Then to add insult to injury we were told they would give us 20% off another week of horror and $35.00 per person back. As if we would really consider doing this week of torture again. If your planning on trying it - - good luck.

:eek:

Yes - you would get more response on the NCL board. Also things have apparently improved dramatically. We were just on the 6/12 sailing and really don't have any major complaints. There are more positive than negative opinions on the Pride of Aloha at this point. RCI is our favorite cruise line but we are planning another NCL cruise in Feb for the itinerary and have no concerns about it. Just curious about why you waited so long to post??

I can't speak for the OP, but it seems obvious that they are a former NCL cruiser, wanting to talk to RCCL cruisers, and looking to see if there are any other former NCL cruisers here in the same "boat" :D .

Seems perfectly appropriate to this board to me. Kind of hard to find former NCL cruisers on the NCL board, unless they're just complaining. :)

Theron

Ok...I gotta know Theron..

Whats this website,that got your thread "moved" :confused: :eek: :p

Hi,

Are you talking about this one?

"OT: the web site you will want to forward to certain folks..."

It's a funny thing about folks who send you e-mails you don't really want to get... it just got moved to the Floataway Lounge, which I figured would happen, since it isn't about cruising at all... :)

Theron

Archived