Coral Princess Balcony Size?

bjtomko

Starting to research a Panama cruise on Coral and I am interested in more info on balconies. I found a great site about the covered/uncovered status, but I am looking for information on the size of balconies.

Our last cruise was on the Ruby and we had a larger than most balcony non-mini suite. Is there something like this on the Coral?

We like to spend a lot of time on the balcony so this is really important for me to get it right if there is a difference.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

I did the Panama Canal on the Coral in March of this year along with 7 friends. We had connecting balconies on the Caribe Deck - larger than most with half covered and half uncovered. Will definitely do Caribe again! And don't forget that the Caribe deck has a viewing area forward - walk through doors marked Crew only and get the best view of the canal.

Lucy

Coral Princess - Panama Canal - March 2013

Diamond Princes - Alaska - June 2008

Do all Caribe rooms have the larger decks? It is hard for me to tell in pictures. I know this was the case on the Ruby which is why we booked that level. If so, I am ready to book my longest vacation ever!!!

Do all Caribe rooms have the larger decks? It is hard for me to tell in pictures. I know this was the case on the Ruby which is why we booked that level. If so, I am ready to book my longest vacation ever!!!

No. Only the balconies in the recessed (non-bumped-out) sections of Caribe deck, as well as the forward minisuites on Caribe, have the larger balconies. His diagram on that website shows the relative balcony size on each deck. Plus if you take a look at Photo E on the Photo page, that clearly shows a side-view of the ship where you can see how the recessed Caribe deck cabins are larger, but the cabins that are on the aft bump-out have balconies that are not as large.

Hope this helps.

I did the Panama Canal on the Coral in March of this year along with 7 friends. We had connecting balconies on the Caribe Deck - larger than most with half covered and half uncovered. Will definitely do Caribe again! And don't forget that the Caribe deck has a viewing area forward - walk through doors marked Crew only and get the best view of the canal.

Lucy

Shhhhhhhhhhh!:rolleyes:

Oh no! I pulled the trigger too early! I booked one of the bump out balconies instead of the larger ones! Now I need to call Delta and see if I can get that fixed. There are worse things in life, right :)

Caribe usually are the largest, but Island and Coral are different. Caribe uncovered decks (not on the bump-out) are the largest but are completely uncovered...the ones on the bump-outs are covered but smaller.....so C414 is large with a completely open balcony....C420 is partially covered but smaller. For my money, your best bet is the deck below...Dolphin 418, 419, 501, and 502 are large, mostly covered balconies. We were very happy with them, ample room for 4 chairs and a table, and a central, quiet location as well. I loved the ship; passenger to space ratio is great, nothing feels crowded.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lucy

so just to confirm...

Is Coral Caribe c206 a good cabin with covered balcony?

So is the forward viewing area supposed to be for passengers or crew?

Any trouble going through a "crew only" door?

We are going in December to PC. We are trying to decide between a caribe or dolphin aft minisuite or caribe forward minisuite.

Archived