Alaska on the Radiance OTS

I booked the cruise...now what? We sail June 2014 out of Seward southward. When should I book the train ride? Any ideas about a hotel in Anchorage? What kind of prices should I expect on airfare from New Orleans? Is the Radiance a good ship for Alaska? Are there shipboard activities available even on port days? DH is afraid we won't have anything to do. We have previously sailed the Caribbean. Any help will be appreciated

I booked the cruise...now what? We sail June 2014 out of Seward southward. When should I book the train ride? Any ideas about a hotel in Anchorage? What kind of prices should I expect on airfare from New Orleans? Is the Radiance a good ship for Alaska? Are there shipboard activities available even on port days? DH is afraid we won't have anything to do. We have previously sailed the Caribbean. Any help will be appreciated

Everyone of your questions can be answered in this awesome forum but you do need to do a little homework too. If you use the search box you will find a wealth of info on all that you are wondering about and more. Use the ports section also for your searches. Past cruisers have posted a wealth of tips, info, pictures and ideas that can definitely springboard any cruise to it's best for someone. Have fun exploring and have a wonderful cruise.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

Just off the ROS May 17th cruise and if you're going to book the cruise train transfer book it now directly with RCI (the only way you can), those train transfers fill up fast...We did this option from Seward-Anchorage arriving at 11:30am and there was a large group waiting to board the train for the trip back to Seward to board the ship for the southbound itinerary. The cost of this is $101.00pp and will be added to your cruise balance. This was our 2nd cruise doing the same ship/itinerary and we loved it...Enjoy !!!

Everyone of your questions can be answered in this awesome forum but you do need to do a little homework too. If you use the search box you will find a wealth of info on all that you are wondering about and more. Use the ports section also for your searches.....

Wow, excellent post and advice! Agreed wholeheartedly. The info is here and you need to be prepared to research it out, make notes, read reviews, make decisions.

Have fun. :)

Archived