Source for price breakdowns for various beach activities?

The Mister

Let me preface this by saying that I am a numbers-oriented person. I run financial projections in spreadsheets and other programs for a living. So knowing costs ahead of time is something that I feel I need.

There are several beaches that would be great for my family to use. Because we are a family with two kids, it probably makes sense to do a la carte rather than all-inclusive. However, it seems quite difficult to find sources that show the a la carte price structures at all. Even the individual websites for each beach in question shows hardly a thing regarding prices. We have to rely on others to post their photos of menus and relay what they did and how much each thing cost at the time, etc.

Now, food is food and there isn't going to be that much variation of how much quesadillas or veggie fajitas is going to cost from one place to another on the island, so I'm not really concerned about menus. What I *am* concerned / curious about is (a) what's included just by walking onto a given beach, (b) what isn't, and how much each extra costs.

Should be a simple request, and in this modern age, it seems odd not to have the answers at my fingertips. :) But yet, here we are.

I'm trying to figure out an expected range for the total cost of the day, including taxi to and from port, given the options.

As always, please feel free to point me to the blindingly obvious threads that address this very issue if there are any and I missed them. ;)

BTW, we have two kids. DS8 and DD3 at sailing. The 8yo is VERY active (ADHD / high functioning autism) and I think we'll both enjoy a beach with inflatables and other activities such as that. The more climbing and physical exertion the better (despite how out of shape I happen to be :o ). And I'm sure my wife and DD3 will have a blast regardless. Mr. Sanchos and Paradise Beach both seem like popular options for that, based on threads here. Right?

I would suggest Paradise Beach for your family over Mr. Sanchos - it is larger, has better changing facilities, and a huge pool. Admission per person is $2 (covers chair rental) and another $12 each for the water toys.

Pricing at Mr. S is I believe almost identical -- it's been a while for us; same $12 fee for inflatables, no charge for chairs but some have reportedly been charged for umbrellas :confused: Taxi to either should be the same, about $15 +tip each way depending upon which pier you are at -- they are very close to each other as you can see from this link:

http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

Good luck! :)

Have you checked Play Mia, since you have two kids....?

Been researching a place for my Brother and his family to take their two kids, since DW and I are firmly ensconsed at Nachi Cocum as long as we keep having wonderful days there. (4 in a row, with a fifth coming in April) But Nachi isn't terribly kid friendly.

Playa Mia has recently put in a kids waterpark and some waterslides in.

http://www.playamiacozumel.com/

This website has a chart which shows the amenities each beach club offers.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/BEACHES

Hope that helps a bit.

Bill

Have you checked Play Mia, since you have two kids....?

Been researching a place for my Brother and his family to take their two kids, since DW and I are firmly ensconsed at Nachi Cocum as long as we keep having wonderful days there. (4 in a row, with a fifth coming in April) But Nachi isn't terribly kid friendly.

Playa Mia has recently put in a kids waterpark and some waterslides in.

http://www.playamiacozumel.com/

This website has a chart which shows the amenities each beach club offers.

http://www.cozumelinsider.com/BEACHES

Hope that helps a bit.

Bill

Thanks. Yes, I actually thoroughly researched* Playa Mia and determined:

(1) Playa Mia does ONLY all-inclusive, which is expressly not what I'm looking for,

(2) Since the price includes alcohol, and we don't drink, we'd essentially be paying extra for nothing, and the prices are quite steep,

(3) Food options at Mia look like watered-down gringo-Mex (in many cases, minus the Mex!). Mr. Sancho's and Paradise both seem to get better reviews on that count.

* Read: Mostly read mitsugirly's review. ;)

Thanks. Yes, I actually thoroughly researched* Playa Mia and determined:

(1) Playa Mia does ONLY all-inclusive, which is expressly not what I'm looking for,

(2) Since the price includes alcohol, and we don't drink, we'd essentially be paying extra for nothing, and the prices are quite steep,

(3) Food options at Mia look like watered-down gringo-Mex (in many cases, minus the Mex!). Mr. Sancho's and Paradise both seem to get better reviews on that count.

* Read: Mostly read mitsugirly's review. ;)

Her review is what had me seeing the nice kids park for my Brother...

Well I hope you find something to your liking...

Take a taxi or rent a car to Punta Morena on the Eastside of the island. It's a more private beach resort area with a pool and slide for kids. The beaches are one of a kind and its a non touristy part of the island.

Paradise Beach was also recommended to us by someone from the island.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Archived