Coffee makers on Dawn?

barbatkins

for over a year now, it seems that it is Balcony "and above" categories that have a coffee maker. However, many here in CC have reported that their cabin steward was able to round one up for them.

for over a year now, it seems that it is Balcony "and above" categories that have a coffee maker. However, many here in CC have reported that their cabin steward was able to round one up for them.

Thank you....

I can tell you from my recent experience (April) that we requested a coffee maker for our cabin in steerage. The steward sort of hemmed and hawed in response, "I don't know if I can get it. We have to see if someone in a suite doesn't need one...." We asked him to try. It took 24 hours, but we got back in the afternoon of our first sea day and there it was! Be sure to bring coffee filters, I think they need 4 cup filters? I was not the coffee drinker, my mother was.

So, chances are good that you will get one, although there may be a chance you won't. It can't hurt to ask, and I think your chances are pretty good.

• 1 month later...

I'm glad someone asked this question. I was told on the ncl.com Ask & Answer that balconies and above have coffee makers. But my sister called for something else today and she asked the rep. The rep told her there are no coffee makers in the rooms. I'm confused. LOL Anyone have the definitive answer? Also, it is possible to bring a little one-cup maker aboard?

I'm glad someone asked this question. I was told on the ncl.com Ask & Answer that balconies and above have coffee makers. But my sister called for something else today and she asked the rep. The rep told her there are no coffee makers in the rooms. I'm confused. LOL Anyone have the definitive answer? Also, it is possible to bring a little one-cup maker aboard?

It is very hard to get a "definitive answer" as things are always subject to change. Recent experience reported on this board is that coffee makers are still in balcony cabins and higher categories. It seems that Breakaway has different style makers than the rest of the fleet....most other ships have the 4-cup, basket filter type makers that are common in hotel rooms today.

As for bringing your own, there is a good chance it will be confiscated by NCL and returned at the end of the cruise, since it has a heating element and (typically) no automatic shut off.

The rep was probably misinformed. We had one in our balcony cabin last year on the Dawn. That said, I have also had one when we were in our inside cabin on the Sun and oceanview on the Sky. Supposedly, we weren't supposed to have one but we did. And we don't even drink coffee.

Archived