Noordam Aft Aficionados please help..

Seavoyage

Hello Fellow HAL Cruise Critics -

Can someone who has had experience with Noordam aft VA cabins deck(s) 4 and/or 5 advise if you prefer the VA's on deck 4 or 5 and any pros and cons that you would be willing to offer...greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much in advance!

Happy Sails!!

Hello Fellow HAL Cruise Critics -

Can someone who has had experience with Noordam aft VA cabins deck(s) 4 and/or 5 advise if you prefer the VA's on deck 4 or 5 and any pros and cons that you would be willing to offer...greatly appreciated!

Thanks very much in advance!

Happy Sails!!

I know many people book cabins 4162 and 4164 because of their double size verandah deck. Those go quickly.

We were in one of those aft of midship...4164, I believe. The one with the shower. We've also been on the stern numerous times. I prefer port side. No breeze to speak of on the stern in the Caribbean or other hot climate.

I know many people book cabins 4162 and 4164 because of their double size verandah deck. Those go quickly.
On the Noordam they are 4164 and 4166, but I believe the OP is asking about stern cabins (wake facing) not just aft cabins.

We had VB4178. The cabin inside was about 3 ft shorter than the four VA across the stern, and the balcony was about 11 ft deep at the center of the arc. You can find my pictures and more comments at the link in the previous post.

On the Noordam they are 4164 and 4166, but I believe the OP is asking about stern cabins (wake facing) not just aft cabins.

We had VB4178. The cabin inside was about 3 ft shorter than the four VA across the stern, and the balcony was about 11 ft deep at the center of the arc. You can find my pictures and more comments at the link in the previous post.

We were in #4166...shower only.

Hi Everyone - thank you for the kind replies...

Yes interested in wake facing VA cabins - I have read via other sources that Decks 4 and 5 are preferred over other decks...(6-7-8).

Can someone confirm that decks 4 and 5 are partially covered from sun and or decks above? There is limited information - that I can find anyway - on deck 5.

Innlady and Jtl513- do you happen to know if all of the VA aft cabins are 11ft at center? Or are the verandas shorter as they go up the ship? The pictures of the aft I have seen are deceiving...

Planning for winter - so hopefully will not be so hot on deck...

Thanks so much for any additional info - all and any very appreciated!!!

I will check the links provided as well!!

Oh my - just realized via search I asked this very same question last year - old age setting in...sorry - but still wondering about veranda size and coverage on deck 5 compared to deck 4....

Thanks all

We have a VC booked on the Verandah deck, and in looking at the photos on 'Joanie's" post ..... just how much space is there between the foot of the bed and the cabin wall? It looks pretty narrow in the photo.

Archived