Sitting on the fence about going solo!

Goldenfox

I want to go on a solo cruise in December on the Royal Princess. DH and I just got back from an Alaskan cruise on HAL, and last Christmas mom and I did a Bahamas on RCCL. I really just want some 'me' time, but haha, the guilt! They'd both jump at the chance to go with me again, except it's me forking out the cash for mom, and at least half for DH. Neither of them likes the sun, and I love being in the sun. Somehow I always end making everyone else happy but me. Sun, sand and sea, that's me! and they don't like sand either, but DH will suck it up and still sit in the sun, or on the sand and complain after, lol. But I'm just a bit worried about hurt feelings, who will watch my stuff when I play in the ocean, and if 7 days on board by my lonesome will get lonely. I love my own company, don't get me wrong, but I'm rather introverted, bad at small talk. i intend to be buddies with my iPad, which has quite a number of books loaded on, and maybe get some writing done. So any thoughts?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Could you approach it with you family that this is a holiday present to yourself to unwind, destress, and just plain pamper yourself? Then you can buy yourself a KYSS bag, sit on the sand in the sun, read, write, and enjoy your alone time.

I want to go on a solo cruise in December on the Royal Princess. DH and I just got back from an Alaskan cruise on HAL, and last Christmas mom and I did a Bahamas on RCCL. I really just want some 'me' time, but haha, the guilt! They'd both jump at the chance to go with me again, except it's me forking out the cash for mom, and at least half for DH. Neither of them likes the sun, and I love being in the sun. Somehow I always end making everyone else happy but me. Sun, sand and sea, that's me! and they don't like sand either, but DH will suck it up and still sit in the sun, or on the sand and complain after, lol. But I'm just a bit worried about hurt feelings, who will watch my stuff when I play in the ocean, and if 7 days on board by my lonesome will get lonely. I love my own company, don't get me wrong, but I'm rather introverted, bad at small talk. i intend to be buddies with my iPad, which has quite a number of books loaded on, and maybe get some writing done. So any thoughts?

I think you make a logical argument in your first post : ) I do feel that the op had a great suggestion though and honestly that is where I would start!

I love my family and friends... but there is something liberating about traveling solo : )

Best of luck!

I travel solo and with my DH

Am going on a solo cruise Epic Med next month

Last week I went to a business conference and a fellow conference attendee asked if I would consider going on a tour with her after the conference. Ugh now I know why I travel solo and love it! Having to negotiate when and where to eat/shop/sightsee-- would prefer my own plans and then she complained about the cost!

Upon arrival back at the hotel (land based conference) I met a woman who had been on our tour that day and she was beside herself with anger at the other women she had travelled with.

Ugh that is not my idea of a vacation! You always can pull out your iphone/ipad and look like you are busy

I am really looking forward to doing my own thing when and where I want

Archived