Baltic Discovery Itinerary.

Please, is anyone able to help, we are going on the Spirit Baltic Discovery in September and would like to know which ports are easy to diy. They are Warnemunde, Tallinn, (St Petersburg we will take Thomsons trips any suggestions) Helsinki, Stockholm, Visby, Bornholm, Kalundborg for Copenhagen and Ijmuiden for Amsterdam any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you we are getting a bit excited now and still 3 month to go.:)

Hi there, we are on this cruise too, and have decided not to go to Berlin from Warnemunde as it seems a long way to go for a brief visit. Also we are not bothering to go into Copenhagen from Kalundberg. We are going to do 2 tours with Thomson in St Petersburg, 1 each day, as it seems the easier option. We are taking the Thomson bus into Amsterdam, I have compared private taxi prices and it is more expensive. Apart from that we are just going to explore the various ports as they seem quite easy to walk around. Like you, we are very excited and can,t wait to get back on Spirit. we were on Dream earlier this year and it just wasn,t the same

Please, is anyone able to help, we are going on the Spirit Baltic Discovery in September and would like to know which ports are easy to diy. They are Warnemunde, Tallinn, (St Petersburg we will take Thomsons trips any suggestions) Helsinki, Stockholm, Visby, Bornholm, Kalundborg for Copenhagen and Ijmuiden for Amsterdam any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you we are getting a bit excited now and still 3 month to go.:)

Hi,we did this cruise last year,at Kalundberg we did the trip to the gardens at Birkgaardens,as for excursion to Copenhagen was to much travelling for my wife,they were really nice.Tallin we did the easy Talinn, St.Petersburg we did the tour that goes to the church of Spilled Blood,which is a must see, and the 'aurora' ship. at Helsinki we saw the Sibelius monument,Senate Square and a walk to the harbour side market, and the Rock Church.On the approach to Stockholm get up early so you can see the hundreds of islands that you pass on the way in, there we did the trip to see the 'Vasa' ship museum, really interesting. From memory I think the only port where you can walk into town is Tallin. sure will have a good time.

I posted some info on this thread:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1859298

Also the one about trips to Berlin a couple of pages back.

This is a good page for Tallinn, it's easy to do on your own:

http://www.********.com/tallinnwalk.html

The stars are "b_r_e_n_t_j_e_s", remove underscores....... cc doesn't like us linking to some websites... unless it's a rude word in another language???

HTH

Joe

Hi,we did this cruise last year,at Kalundberg we did the trip to the gardens at Birkgaardens,as for excursion to Copenhagen was to much travelling for my wife,they were really nice.Tallin we did the easy Talinn, St.Petersburg we did the tour that goes to the church of Spilled Blood,which is a must see, and the 'aurora' ship. at Helsinki we saw the Sibelius monument,Senate Square and a walk to the harbour side market, and the Rock Church.On the approach to Stockholm get up early so you can see the hundreds of islands that you pass on the way in, there we did the trip to see the 'Vasa' ship museum, really interesting. From memory I think the only port where you can walk into town is Tallin. sure will have a good time.

Gunn3rs3, could you tell me if you liked Birkgaardens please. I have seen the excursion for this but haven't been able to find any information on them. Thanks.

There is another thread about this somewhere! Warnemunde is a very pleasant seaside resort with canal and beach frontages and close to where the ship berths. We went into Rostock by train in the morning (lovely medieval centre), came back to the ship for lunch and then spent the afternoon wandering around Warnemunde and its shops.

The people who did the Berlin trip came back exhausted after 6 hours on the coach!

Gunn3rs3, could you tell me if you liked Birkgaardens please. I have seen the excursion for this but haven't been able to find any information on them. Thanks.

Yes we liked it very much, there are 4 different themed gardens, Japanese, English and 2 others cant remember them. Very quiet and peaceful just strolling around, we took lots of photo's, Its only a short drive and we got a free cup of tea/coffee when we arrived. It was a pleasant excursion.

warnemunder very easy to do on your own, a nice walk and nice beach if you want to spend time on beach. lovely place to have a stop for drink on waterfront lots of cafe/bars etc.

Talin very easy to do on your own again a nice walk into the town and not far.

stockholme amazing, dont bother with a bus or taxi or trip. very easy to do on your own but my advice would be get up early and jump on water taxi straight to vasa its lovely to see, then back on water taxi to palace and cont doing that till ready to go back to ship. the water taxi cost 10euro for all day hop on/off.

STP is amazing, we did two tours, we booked everyday stp for the 2nd day. the tour took us to all the famous sites, the guide took us on the underground, then we got about hour to wander around stp alone.

we also did peterhov palace/gardens, both lovely

enjoy your cruise

Archived