Carnival Valor 6/9/13 Review and Information

I have a couple of questions re: boarding in San Juan...

I sailed from there in 2009 on Victory, but I wasn't Platinum then. Plus, we'd left our bags at Barrachina early in the day so we could go sight-seeing, so didn't board until about 4 pm.

I'm sailing on the one Conquest sailing from San Juan in November and staying at the Sheraton across from the pier, so I know I can just drag my bags over. Do you have any idea how early you can drop bags at the ship? Can that be done earlier than boarding?

Is there a separate line/waiting area for Platinum/FTTF?

Would be great if I can just check out of the hotel, walk across the street, check in, drop my carryon in the cabin, then go back out and have the rest of the day to continue exploring Old San Juan. I love it there!

I'm a beer and wine drinker. Is that available near or in the port or will I have to find a grocery/drug store?

Thanks!

I have a couple of questions re: boarding in San Juan...

I sailed from there in 2009 on Victory, but I wasn't Platinum then. Plus, we'd left our bags at Barrachina early in the day so we could go sight-seeing, so didn't board until about 4 pm.

I'm sailing on the one Conquest sailing from San Juan in November and staying at the Sheraton across from the pier, so I know I can just drag my bags over. Do you have any idea how early you can drop bags at the ship? Can that be done earlier than boarding?

Is there a separate line/waiting area for Platinum/FTTF?

Would be great if I can just check out of the hotel, walk across the street, check in, drop my carryon in the cabin, then go back out and have the rest of the day to continue exploring Old San Juan. I love it there!

I'm a beer and wine drinker. Is that available near or in the port or will I have to find a grocery/drug store?

Thanks!

I am not sure what time you can drop your bags off. Here is what I found. I arrived at the terminal about 1115 or so. I gave my bags to a porter. We waiting in a line of about 40 people and they let us in around 1130 (main gate). We then walked to the terminal and up the stairs and there are seperate lines for FTTF and Platinum folk. They let us go through security at 12 and onboard.

I would say you dropping your bags to a porter would depend on when they become available (after the ppl debark).

Get your wine at the CVS. I also think they have wine in that liquor store on the second floor so I would recommend that you board first before getting back to Old San Juan. That way you will know if you need to get wine inside the city.

Thanks. It looks like the CVS is just down the street from the hotel and pier, so it should be easy enough.

I think I'll start a thread on the San Juan board to see if anyone can tell me just how early one can drop off luggage and/or board.

I imagine my carryon will already be heavy (it always is and that bottle of wine certainly doesn't help!).

Thanks again for the info!

• 4 weeks later...

Archived