QM2, QV or QE?

Yoshikitty

Sorry if it has been discussed before.

The ones who has travelled on all the Cunard ships, can you please tell me which one is your favorite and why?

My husband and I had our first Cunard experience on the QM2 TA 2 NYC to Hamburg 2 weeks ago. We loved it very much. We are thinking about to book another cruise with Cunard.

Not sure if we should book the QM2 again or try the QV or QE. I want to know if the standard (service/stateroom/food/entertainment) of the other ships are the same as QM2?

Only the QM2 has Transatlantic crossing, right?

We don't really care where we are going. We enjoyed the sea days so much that the port day in Southampton was not necessary for us. We may as well book another crossing...

If you want a crossing, I don't think you could do any better (on any line) than QM2. QE and QV do crossings every once in awhile but they are part of a longer cruise. For example, QE will do a crossing (Southampton to NYC) as part of her 2014 World Voyage. QV will cross between Southampton and Fort Lauderdale (and back again 3 months later) as part of her 2014 World Voyage.

If you want a crossing, I don't think you could do any better (on any line) than QM2.

Agreed. For a crossing stick with QM2. For a cruise we like QE & QV equally. The smaller sisters can get into more ports and have fewer passengers but the high standards are the same on all three ships.

Consider the best option, a crossing on QM2 then, upon arriving in Southampton, transfer to one of the others. We are doing just that come May 2014 by book-ending the "Around the British Isles" cruise with two TAs.

Archived