Precruise hotel/transportation in Houston

Wyotraveler

Hi all

I am trying to book my parents a Princess Cruise out of Houston for November 30, 2013. My dad incests that he can book air flights that get him and my mom into Houston at 10:30am, so he does not need a precruise hotel. Of course if it were me I would book even a cheap hotel just to be safe.

In any event I am wondering what is available for hotels that might offer a free shuttle to and from the airport and/or cruiseport in the event he chances his mind. Not sure if he will fly into Bush or Hobby. Also would like a hotel near some eateries and/or shops.

Also I am wondering about the Princess eZair program. Has anyone used it and if so what was experience good or bad?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

I just thought I would post a follow-up to my previous message.

Was able to book my parents a room at the Country Inn and Suites by Carlson Houston Bush Airport South. This hotels offers a free airport shuttle, so my parents use this to get from the airport to the hotel and then back the next day to catch the shuttle to the cruise ship. Also it looks like it is close to a number of eateries, so they should not have far to for dinner and of course their breakfast is free at the hotel.

Hi all

I am trying to book my parents a Princess Cruise out of Houston for November 30, 2013. My dad incests that he can book air flights that get him and my mom into Houston at 10:30am, so he does not need a precruise hotel. Of course if it were me I would book even a cheap hotel just to be safe.

In any event I am wondering what is available for hotels that might offer a free shuttle to and from the airport and/or cruiseport in the event he chances his mind. Not sure if he will fly into Bush or Hobby. Also would like a hotel near some eateries and/or shops.

Also I am wondering about the Princess eZair program. Has anyone used it and if so what was experience good or bad?

Thanks

There are no weather flight delays in November??

If he absolutely insists on flying on sailaway day be sure he books a ship transfer, if Princess will accept the request for that flight time.

There are no weather flight delays in November??

If he absolutely insists on flying on sailaway day be sure he books a ship transfer, if Princess will accept the request for that flight time.

Or traffic delays from IAH to Bayport.

B

IAH is on the north side of town so I wouldn't take the chance of flying in the day of the cruise at 10:30 AM. Too many things can happen between flight delays, Houston traffic & bad weather.

The Bayport terminal is in an industrial part of the Houston ship chanel and it's new to cruising so the hotel infrastructure hasn't developed around the terminal. You've picked a good option for them to stay close to IAH.

You're only other options would be to pick something in the Nasa / Clear Lake area or the Kemah Boardwalk which are withing 5 to 10 miles of the terminal. If you did that they'd have to pay for transfers to the hotel the day before the cruise and a cab to the ship the morning of the cruise.

IAH is on the north side of town so I wouldn't take the chance of flying in the day of the cruise at 10:30 AM. Too many things can happen between flight delays, Houston traffic & bad weather.

The Bayport terminal is in an industrial part of the Houston ship chanel and it's new to cruising so the hotel infrastructure hasn't developed around the terminal. You've picked a good option for them to stay close to IAH.

You're only other options would be to pick something in the Nasa / Clear Lake area or the Kemah Boardwalk which are withing 5 to 10 miles of the terminal. If you did that they'd have to pay for transfers to the hotel the day before the cruise and a cab to the ship the morning of the cruise.

texreno, many years ago when NCL sailed out of Houston we stayed in a hotel in LaPorte, TX. I think it was a LaQuinta :confused:. Is LaPorte still the closest town to the Bayport terminal? Thanks,

texreno, many years ago when NCL sailed out of Houston we stayed in a hotel in LaPorte, TX. I think it was a LaQuinta :confused:. Is LaPorte still the closest town to the Bayport terminal? Thanks,

Hello.

I don't know if it's the closest, but is in the area. Clear Lake/Nasa and Kemah are also close to the terminal.

B

Archived