Price Adjustments

COULD SOMEONE GIVE ME INFO ON PRICE ADJUSTMENTS. WHAT IS BEST TIME TO INQUIRE? HOW DOES HAVING/LACKING TRIP INSURANCE EFFECT THE ABILITY TO GET A RATE ADJUSTMENT IF THE PRICE OF YOUR CRUISE GOES DOWN?:confused:

Insurance has no affect on getting a price adjustment.

Keep checking RCI's website. As soon as you see the price reduction, call your booking agent and ask for an adjustment. Some of the independent travel agents are reluctant to match the reduction even though RCI will honor it. Other independent TAs will honor the reduction without any issues.

Good luck.

A good agent should be watching the price reductions for you and advising you of the change. However, many agents do not offer this type of personalized service. Therefore, you can watch the RCI website and if you see you cabin category posted at a lower rate, call your agent and have them get the lower rate for you. You can do this up until you make your final payment.

A good agent should be watching the price reductions for you and advising you of the change. However, many agents do not offer this type of personalized service. Therefore, you can watch the RCI website and if you see you cabin category posted at a lower rate, call your agent and have them get the lower rate for you. You can do this up until you make your final payment.

You can do this up to the day of sailing in most cases. Are you one of the agents that won't?

It depends is the correct answer. Some new lower fares which come out are for NEW BOOKINGS only.. and your fare cannot be adjusted.

However, there are times when you fares can be adjusted. You'll have to ask your agent on a case by case basis.

I do get faxes from Celebrity when my clients fares have been adjusted downward and I pass on the savings to my clients. Princess.... NCL... HAL.. Carnival.... they just send faxes notifying me my clients have been upgraded.

A good agent should be watching the price reductions for you and advising you of the change.

Last year, I booked my cruise through a BIG well known TA. When I noticed the price reduction, I called RCI directly. They informed me that they would honor the reduction, but my TA had to handle it. I called LT and they didn't want to give me the reduction never mind tracking the reduction for me. They said that they should not be forced to match a competitors bid and that RCI was acting like a competitor... I fought it and accussed them of trying to keep the difference and they finally gave me the reduction.

Needless to say, I didn't use them this year for my cruise...

I booked through AAA and noticed online that the price of our cabin had dropped two hundred dollars--- I called RCI and they said just call your TA and they will contact RCI for the credit. Happened very quickly. And RCI told me to keep checking as the price might drop again! Low and behold, yesterday I noticed it is down again. Monday morning I will be calling my TA. (I sail in approx. 30 days.)

Archived