US Air Club Lounge

I object 2

We are flying into FLL a few days before our international flight. We booked F class on US Air from FLL to PHL and Business class from PHL to VCE (F class was not available from PHL to VCE). Is there a US Air Club lounge available at FLL?

We are flying into FLL a few days before our international flight. We booked F class on US Air from FLL to PHL and Business class from PHL to VCE (F class was not available from PHL to VCE). Is there a US Air Club lounge available at FLL?

Um, business on US Air on a long haul? Nope. They operate two classes of service, Envoy and Coach.

You'll enjoy Envoy--hopefully you are on an A330 and not a 767. The A330's all have the 180 degree lie flay seats, the 767 only has a reclining seat with a foot rest and awkward IFE.

Oops...yes, we are flying Envoy class from FLL on a 767 to PHL and from PHL to VCE on an A330. I googled the A330. The seats are pod-like units in a 1-2-1 configuration. Very interesting! This is our first transatlantic flight. Do you recommend we arrive 2 hours prior to takeoff or is an hour and a half reasonable @ FLL?

Thanks for all the great information!

It all depends on which day you're flying. If you're flying the it's disembarkation day at the port, arrive well in advance. I always get to the airport 2 hours in advance. (even 3 when it's a direct TATL flight). FLL can get crowded and I'd gladly spend half an hour longer in the terminal then to stress whether I'd catch the flight or not.

It all depends on which day you're flying. If you're flying the it's disembarkation day at the port, arrive well in advance. I always get to the airport 2 hours in advance. (even 3 when it's a direct TATL flight). FLL can get crowded and I'd gladly spend half an hour longer in the terminal then to stress whether I'd catch the flight or not.

Our flight leaves @ 11:45 a.m. on a Sunday. Not sure if it's disembarkation day for any cruise lines, so we better plan to get to FLL early.

Not a 100% sure on this, but I think it is a disembarkation day. 11.45 am however is still pretty ok, as a lot of people will still be on the ships. But in any way, you're leaving on a holiday, so why not take enough time to allow yourself some peace of mind.

Oops...yes, we are flying Envoy class from FLL on a 767 to PHL and from PHL to VCE on an A330. I googled the A330. The seats are pod-like units in a 1-2-1 configuration. Very interesting! This is our first transatlantic flight. Do you recommend we arrive 2 hours prior to takeoff or is an hour and a half reasonable @ FLL?

Thanks for all the great information!

You'll love the A330! The seats are pod like so when the person in front of you reclines, you don't even know it, and truly lie flat at 180 degrees--you'll get a good sleep. You'll have a comfy pillow with fresh case and a freshly laundered blanket that is larger and heavier than the regular blankets in coach, but unfortunately US didn't go with the nice comforters like some of the other carriers. There will also be a bottle of water and an amenity kit with lip balm, hand lotion, toothbrush and paste, socks, ear plugs, eye mask, and a pen on your seat. You'll have plenty of storage space both overhead and at your seat. There will be (if I recall) both a USB and a 110 power outlet at your seat--I know I arrived at FCO with my iPhone completely charged. The IFE system is great with a ton of movies, TV shows, music, and more. As you arrive at your seat a FA will offer you juice, Champagne, or a mimosa, and you can get more if you'd like. You'll be given a menu with several appetizer and entree selections, plus a dessert selection. My husband and I like to sit one behind the other so we can both have window seats. You should get a good five hours of solid sleep, enough to spend the day sightseeing.

I would get to FLL a full two hours in advance.

FYI--on the FLL to PHL leg, it's actually considered domestic first class, not Envoy. Envoy has a higher level of service. You won't get a meal on that leg, just the snack basket (chips, cookies, etc.--take as many as you want) and your choice of beverage--alcoholic or non, and refills as you wish. No charge for any of the drinks.

You'll have access to the lounge at Terminal A West at PHL, it's located between A East and A west and is accessible by either escalator or elevator. It's got a great view of the runway and the heavies parked at their gates. They do announce international flight boarding there. I generally go to the gate a little before the boarding time as I like to have extra time to get situated once on board. When you arrive, you'll show your boarding passes. They'll give you a couple of drink tickets, you can ask for a couple of extras and depending on who is working, you may or may not get them.

You've got a long lay over in PHL, I'd suggest having lunch at Legal Seafoods located between B & C and then heading to the A West lounge.

Let me know if you want/need any more info.

Ducklite, thanks so much for the detailed information. We've only flown economy as all our past flights have been a few hours in duration. The perks of Envoy class sound fantastic! I'll probably pinch myself black and blue all the way to VCE to make sure I'm not dreaming. LOL We did book one seat in front of the other so we both have a window seat.

Is the international gate in the vicinity of the US Club lounge or will we need to change terminals for the flight?

Jan

You'll love business class (or US's Envoy) until you step foot into an airplane next time and need to fly economy again. Then you'll hate it because you know it's only meters away, and you're cramped in these tiny economy seats ;-)

Ducklite, thanks so much for the detailed information. We've only flown economy as all our past flights have been a few hours in duration. The perks of Envoy class sound fantastic! I'll probably pinch myself black and blue all the way to VCE to make sure I'm not dreaming. LOL We did book one seat in front of the other so we both have a window seat.

Is the international gate in the vicinity of the US Club lounge or will we need to change terminals for the flight?

Jan

Your flight should go out of A West, and the Club is between A East and A West. That said, they are very long terminals, and I'd plan on 10-15 minutes between the Club and your gate.

You'll love business class (or US's Envoy) until you step foot into an airplane next time and need to fly economy again. Then you'll hate it because you know it's only meters away, and you're cramped in these tiny economy seats ;-)

You're absolutely correct. LOL That's one reason I'm glad we've never been upgraded to a suite. We'd be hooked on suites for sure! ;)

Jan

Archived