cruise to ensenada food question

chiggazred

I have never tried it. It is a food cart and I have never seen many people at the cart. Here is the info over on TripAdivsor: http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g150770-d3205917-Reviews-La_Guerrerense-Ensenada_Baja_California.html.

It is really close to the port. About a 5 minute walk. It is on the corner of A. Lopez Mateos & Alvarado (where the giant flag is). The cart is across the street from the Pharmacy.

Google Ensenada and look at the street view.

I can't believe you missed the opportunity to recommend Taqueria Mexico Lindo..... :D

Since being introduced to that place we have been there 4 more times. A couple of times, it is the only reason we left the ship at all. And everyone I have taken has also become a convert.

Have I ever thanked you? ;)

Bob

Yep, Hussongs for 2for1 margaritas, drink 3 or 4 of those (not real big), then next door to taco lindo. The Al Pastor is very good. I don't think I've had anything bad there.

If your group isn't too big, sit at the bar if you can, it wraps around the grill area. Fun to watch them make the tacos, etc.

We usually take the bus into town, then walk back. You'll walk right by La Guerrerense.

I can't believe you missed the opportunity to recommend Taqueria Mexico Lindo..... :D

Since being introduced to that place we have been there 4 more times. A couple of times, it is the only reason we left the ship at all. And everyone I have taken has also become a convert.

Have I ever thanked you? ;)

Bob

I would have, but he was asking about La Guerrerense. :D

Glad you like it. My sis got a Margarita at Taquieria Lindo. It was good and strong.

Now I think you should try Potrero Viejo. No tourists there and closer to the port.

We hope to cruise with you again.

Amazing food at la Guerensa ( messed up that spelling). Highly recommend it. Close to walk. Also gotta go to El Fenix for the fish tacos and for awesome meat Carnitas Rameriz.

This shows all 3...

• 1 month later...

La Guerrerense has simply some of the freshest seafood civiche' you could get anywhere. The time my DW went there, after seeing the glowing recommendation from an Anthony Bourdaine episode, the place was literally surrounded by locals and a few tourists at about 2:30 in the afternoon. FRESH seaffod caught that day...dorado, sea urchin, whatever they are able to get in that day...I had an amazing meal. Just be prepared to stand while you eat...it is literally a street cart! :)

Archived