What are the Deluxe Cabins on Deck nine of the Dream like ?

I have written in previously to ask about the Deluxe cabins on Deck 9 on the Dream but I am still not really sure what to expect ! I would be extremely grateful if anyone who has stayed in Cabin 9016 would let us know a bit about it.

It is years since we have sailed with Thomsons and I have never seen inside a Deluxe Cabin. We understood when we booked that our cabin looked out onto one of the decks but were very upset to find that the windows are very low down and people can see into the cabin if the lights are left on. This is ruining the whole experience for us and I am beginning to regret booking this cabin. We have also found out by accident that there is possibly an adjoining door to another cabin, something I particularly stressed we didn't want. I have been trying to contact Thomsons for some more information but keep ending up in a very long queue so hopefully someone who has stayed in this cabin will be kind enough to answer a few questions to put our minds at rest. We would like to know how big the window is ? Is there an adjoining cabin ? Can people see in from outside ? I imagine it is too late to change cabins as everything seems booked up and I imagine an upgrade to a suite would be very expensive ?

Any information would be welcomed. Thanks !

I've havnt stayed on deck 9 but have been on deck 10

deck 9 cabins overlook the promenade so people will be walking past and sunbathing outside your window....they have mirrored glass so they cant see in but you can see out (they can see in if you leave your light on at night but you do have drapes) I dont think they are especially low down windows?

it has been reported that some cabin locations on deck 9 can be noisy in the evenings as they are above the bars (most notably the cabins above the waters edge night club)

smokers may congregate outside on the right hand side promenade (thats where the ashtrays are) no smoking on the left

deck 9 is very handy for the facilities on deck 8 below and the lido/buffet

there shouldn’t be any engine/thrusters noise on deck 9 and not too much thru traffic in the corridors

sorry cant tell you what the cabins/en suites themselves are like....cant help with the adjoining door either? (tbh I didn't think the dream had any adjoining cabins?)

yes...i would imagine an upgrade to a suite would be prohibitively expensive? maybe thoms would consider a slight downgrade to outside plus on deck 10 (perfectly adequate spacious cabins but with obstructed windows) and a little refund....could give it a try....there is an email address on here (something like thomson cares?) mark it for attention of dan (has always been mostly helpfull in the past) from the social media team.....he may read this thread and be able to sort something or at least offer some options

hope this helps

Thanks mtt and geomagot for answering so quickly. Hope you enjoy your Cruise in October mtt. Hope you will write a review !

I found all the information very interesting Geomagot so thank you for taking the time out to write it all down.

I have just been looking at the latest crop of reviews and I do wish they were a bit more possitive.

I find booking cruises and especially choosing cabins very stressful. However much research you do something always crops up that unsettles you. This norovirus is a big concern at the moment.

We did think about trying to change the cabin and have even considered losing our deposit and booking something else with a different company.

Not sure I want to be worrying about checking lights are off all the time ! I honestly thought the cabin windows would have been higher up, and I didn't expect to see all the people sunbathing outside the window.

Hi, we had one of these cabins a few years ago, there is special coating on the window so you cannot see inside from the deck- we tried! Cabin fab really roomy,and comfortable, never noticed deck activity outside, please dont worry you will have a great cabin!!

Tizzy I am away tomorrow on the Dream cabin 9021 for a week first time cruiser I will give you a full report when I return, don't think mine is a delux cabin but an outside plus but it will have the same windows looking on to the deck I wouldn't think that any one can see in, and just think what you will be able to see when people think no one is looking lol :eek:

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply.

You have put my mind at rest lilys gran ! I think I would go outside and check too !

Look forward to your report Scot born. Hope you have a fantastic First Cruise. Your first cruise is always exciting. We are old timers now ! Have tried so many different ones but our first cruise (if you don't count one I did at school) was on the Thomson Emerald and we enjoyed it so much we booked straight away for the following year.

Thanks again Mtt. Silly to worry I know but I can just see me wandering out from the shower when the lights are on in the cabin and it wouldn't be a pretty sight for the people outside !!!

Silly to worry I know but I can just see me wandering out from the shower when the lights are on in the cabin and it wouldn't be a pretty sight for the people outside !!!

My philosophy is - If they don't like what they see they shouldn't be looking. Also, if they haven't seen it before, they won't know what they are looking at.;):D

Sadly Emerald went to the ship graveyard last year. Never heard anyone say they didn't like her.

Go and enjoy.:)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tizzy. Just to give you an update on the windows, there is no way you can see in from the deck even with the lights on but it is good fun looking out when everyone thinks no one is looking I will give my review.once the washing has been done hope this puts you mind at rest.

image.jpg.4d343f7da79931ed7d07dc1e04bb7130.jpg

Hello Scot born.

Thank you so much for your update ! So kind of you to let us know about the windows in the Deluxe cabins and the photo was a big bonus ! Hope you enjoyed your first Cruise ? Really looking forward to reading your report. We all hate the dreaded 'washing' after a cruise. It takes me days to settle down again after a cruise too. I don't know what is worse, packing or unpacking ???

Archived