Night-time excursions on TP

JRoeT

Hello,

On TP in August 2006 (Cook Island Itin.).

Are there worthwhile excursions at night on the nights that the ship is docked overnight? (We usually book through Princess, but would be interested in independent too)

Thanks!

JRoeT,

Just returned Friday. The only night excursions I heard of was night diving. The islands really close down pretty early. The ship was actually docked in Raiatea (most islands were tendered) and you could walk off and on the ship until 5:30 am. On the overnight in Bora Bora, the last tender was 8:00 pm. There was one late night tender at 11:00 pm. Tenders started again at 8:00 am the next morning.

You'll find that most signs of life disappear after dinner in FP. Other than night dives and the few restaurants on various islands that might offer some sort of entertainment, you won't find much in the way of stuff to do. I'd assume the ship would have the only nightlife to be found.

• 2 weeks later...
On Bora Bora, I know folks that have made the evening run to Bloody Mary's. I have done night dives both in Raiatea and Bora Bora.

John

Hi John! Can you tell me a little about the night dives you did. My husband is booked with Princess on their Bora Bora night dive. A fellow passenger in my roll looked into Top Dive, but it appears they required a minimum of 6 people and since I cannot insure they will have that number, I went with Princess instead. we are going Sept 1.

Who did you dive with and which island did you like better for the night dive?

Also..if you did any day dives..where was your favorite spots?

Archived