How far in advance do you book your cruise?

kaf7878

For both cruises we've booked approx. 5-6 months in advance, which gave us enough time to pay it off. however i've seen some serious cruisers on these discussion boards who have cruises arranged for late 2007 already!

i am one of them :( . it takes me that long to be able to afford to go. i skimp, save like crazy and stash all my change in a jug, only hit the sales racks at the stores, plus i have two xmas clubs taken out of my check ( so i cant touch the money then it goes into my cruise only savings account ) and i use my income tax so i can fullfill my cruise addiction. but, i have alot of friends who are never going on a cruise because they THINK they cant ever afford it. i just tell them--where there is a will, there is a way :D . every 2 yrs is better than none :) .

fall 2007 cant get here too soon.

We generally book our cruises about 6-8 months in advance. There's no particular reason, that's just the way it ends up for some reason. Probably because in the fall we start dreaming about our next vacation, then we do a little talking, a little research, find a good deal, and it just rolls on from there. We actually will be booking a fall cruise next week, which will put us at 5 months, which is our shortest time yet, which I just realized as I was typing is not all that short. But oh well, it will be our 2 closest cruises, as there will be about 4 months from when our caribbean cruise gets back and our mexican riviera cruise leaves. 2 cruises in 4 months, whoo hoo! :D

Our First Cruise We Booked 2 Weeks Ahead!! The Airfare Was Expensive, But We Did Get An Upgrade And So Did The Couple We Were Traveling With.

Booked Six Weeks Ahead For Our July 30th On The Cp. If I Had To Wait Months, I Wouldn't Get Anything Done.....as It Gets Closer I Need My Self Discipline To Kick In To Accomplish My Job And Upcoming Packing! I Do All The Bookings Myself.

It Is A Great Feeling Knowing We Only Have 26 Days To Go As We Are Staying At The Marriott Marina The Night Before.......

Well well I guess I am not the one to listen to!! :eek: What do I know anyway BUT You knew that was coming right!;) I book a week or two in advance alot! I have gone a day or 2! yes my lasy cruise was booked 2 days before the ship sailed If they have alot of open cabins they will lower the price & make calls to regular customers! that happens 3 weeks inadvance to fill the ship I have gotten calls lasy year the night before on the hurricane cruises & went on them all hard to turn em down when they are givin it away! :o

• 2 weeks later...

Normally my group book 13-14 months ahead if prices are out. That way we can have a year or 52 week to sail party. However the last one was only 5months ahead and we want to book one for next July so we are behind the times on that one. I really like to book early

I booked my Jan 06 cruise in Feb 05. I'm already planning my Jun 07 cruise to the med. I will book that cruise while on my Jan 06 cruise to take advantage of the on-board booking deals and then transfer the booking to my TA. I prefer booking early so I can get the cabin I want on the dates I want. :D

• 2 weeks later...

We usually book a year in advance..gives up plenty of time between the deposit and final payment. I travel with a group of friends and we usually make decisions on where the next cruise will be while we are onboard :)

A month ago I booked Thanksgiving 2006 on Norwegian Spirit as soon as the prices came out because New York is such a popular port that cabins sell out quickly--especially for holiday weeks. I figured I would get the best deal now and can rebook if prices come down.

Last February we booked a Carnival cruise on Saturday and sailed on Monday for a great price. Definetely best last minute deals are on Carnival. Early February cruises usually are not sold out, so it is a great time to book last minute if you can do that.

Over a year ago we booked our RCCL cruise on Jewel of the Seas for this coming October.

i really outdid myself this time for booking early. i am a year and a half out before we sail. but my ta found a great price on an aft cabin with extended balcony for the mexican riviera where we wanted to go and on the ship we wanted. and the month is the best for us also. so we jumped on it. i have plenty of time to get it paid off the credit card, so all my planning and buy some new '' beachy '' clothes. but usually i do my booking about 1 year ahead of time.

WE booked this New Year's Eve cruise in May - earliest ever we have booked but price was right! We are both self employed so can go at last minuite. Once we booked, New Years cruise at 10:30 Sunday morning. At noon we were in the car driving to Cape Canaveral (from NC coast). The next day, Monday, we got on the ship at noon! But this was cruise for the Millenium -before 911. We've booked two hours before bookings closed and a week before ($379@ for 8 days on the Legend!)

I've been going crazy because our cruise is so far away!

Archived