Dolphinaris or chankanaab for dolphin excursion??

Domb23

We just got back from July 6th Oasis sailing. Cozamel was one of our stops. We did not book excursion from RC ship, but rather just took a taxi to Chankanaab. It's a much better option than booking through ship. If you just take the taxi, which is a 5 minute ride and costs $11 each way for a car load, then you have the day to yourself and don't have to spend it with a certain group of people, etc.

When you get to entrance you will be greated by a park employee who will help you figure out the package you want. We just wanted to use the park which was $19 each with the coupon we printed off the internet. But you can get the dolphin package right there at the entrance.

The park is amazing, so beautiful. We walked to the beach area and put our stuff on two chairs under a thatched hut. We had brought our own snorkel gear, but you can rent it for a nominal fee too. The water is so clear and the tropical fish are amazing. Bring an underwater camera. They have life vests for free just drop off your ID in exchange for life vest. You will need to use vest because the water is deep and it's required.

The dolphin area is just down the beach. It's totally out in the open, so anyone in your party can watch while others participate. We also had lunch at the outdoor restaurant on the beach. BEST guacamole and salsa every. For $14 we got chips, salsa, a huge bowl of guacamole and 2 bottled waters.

They have a sea lion show included in park entrance fee too. Hope that helps.

We have been to Chankanaab twice and it is such a gorgeous place. We have done the dolphin swims and the manatee swims. A lot of people talk about it here and recommend it.

Chankanaab is a National Park. So with your dolphin swim, you also gain access to the park, which is absolutely beautiful. They have a gorgeous lagoon, iguanas walking around it, a replica mayan ruins, awesome snorkeling, sea lion shows, a pool, a cove area for swimming and just so much there to do.

I have 2 reviews in my signature lines. Just click on them and check them out. There are tons of pictures there. :)

I vote Chankanaab! I've been to both and while Dolphinaris was awesome, when we were finished, there was nothing to do but go back to town! I loved the fact that when my nieces completed their dolphin swim at Chankanaab, we were all able to go and snorkel and spend all day at the beach!

Also, I found that at Dolphinaris, they were not willing to work with us at all with picture prices, which was a HUGE disappointment. At Chankanaab, we worked out a deal for them to kiss the dolphin, feed the manatee, and a printed picture for $35!

Archived