Family Cabins

We are hoping to take our grandchildren on the Oasis. Since there will be 5 of us, we will want to book a family cabin. I spoke with a RCI representative and he told me there are balcony and ocean view family cabins. Would like some input from anyone who has book either.

Thank you:)

Some are bigger than others. Also there are family inside and family promenade. It depends on the ship and the cabin # on that ship. Our first Family OV was amazing. It was huge. The walk in closet was amazing. After trying the same Family OV several other times we found that was a special cabin. It was on Oasis and it was amazing. It was up in the front on the left near Family Balconies. I would like to try a family balcony, but we mostly do adjoining now since the kids are bigger.

They all sleep 2 in a Royal King, 2 in a pull out couch, and 2 in bunk beds. The downside is the one bathroom. We managed.

Good luck,

Kelly

Hi.....we just booked an family balcony on the 11/30 sailing after canceling on NCL Epic as we found out that their policy for kids under 3 changed which would have kept DW and I from having brief periods of alone time (I work on the weekdays and her on the weekends, only having a day or two off as a family once every 5-6 weeks).

You can definitely find some threads about the cabin with photos and there are a couple of YouTube videos online. I hope others can share their experiences.

Pricing - the FB is priced between a regular balcony and JS. For our family of 5, it cost as much as the Epic's family villa (caught it during a kids sail free promo).....so it is pricy, but thought that those moments of alone time with my wife would make up for it :). Sooooo looking forward to it!!!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you are not attached to the Oasis, look into other ships where the 2-bedroom family suite is affordable. We found that room on the Navigator to be reasonable for what you got for it: 2 bedrooms and 2 baths plus a family room and suite benefits. Pricing on the Epic is sooo much more than on the other ships and we've found that there's always another ship going at the same time as Epic if you are flexible in where you depart from.

If you are not attached to the Oasis, look into other ships where the 2-bedroom family suite is affordable. We found that room on the Navigator to be reasonable for what you got for it: 2 bedrooms and 2 baths plus a family room and suite benefits. Pricing on the Epic is sooo much more than on the other ships and we've found that there's always another ship going at the same time as Epic if you are flexible in where you depart from.

Thank you for the suggestion, however, my husband has his heart set on taking the grandchildren on the Oasis.

Depends on the age of the kids. If the kids are younger, I would go with the ocean view so that I wasn't worrying about kids getting on the balcony. I've had the family oceanviews on a couple of different ships. The square shaped rooms had a better layout - living room with sofabed plus two sleeping rooms than the rectangular shaped room which had a sleeping closet, pullout sofa in the living room and bed area.

Archived