Cruise Blog featuring Fred Olsen Cruise Lines

What a lovely blog, thank you for sharing.

I've cruised on the Black Watch twice, the first time with my mum for her 65th birthday, the second with mum again and my eldest son who was 15 when we went last year. I can tell you that we had fun in the little inside cabin with a teenager! Alex loved the cruise and made some good friends with the 10 or so other children. He enjoyed being a dolphin jockey, swimming in the pool and going to the card room to play endless games.

Alex is happy to spend time with us, and also to amuse himself and thoroughly immersed himself in the whole experience. Like your boys he loves his food too!

I'm glad that you are able to have lovely family holidays together, may you have many more :)

Hi everyone, I am Louise, I am a regular cruiser, and I work for Fred Olsen, I have recently set up a new cruise blog, featuring all our cruises, (including other cruise lines) it has lots of photos and features from our Fred Olsen cruises, I hope you like it!

http://www.mybigfatcruise.com

Hi Louise

I love your blog and you have great Fred photographs. I see you were playing Dolphin racing and lucky enough to win a Fred Olsen key ring :D

Thanks for blogging :)

• 1 month later...

Hi Louise,

Loved your photos. Your post should be mandatory viewing for first time Fred Olsen cruisers after that disaster of a documentary on the Balmoral. My wife and I are early 50's and have been cruising since 2001. We had been thinking of an F.O cruise until we watched the show. Your blog puts it into a proper perspective. I just wish that the show had focused a bit more on the shipboard nighttime entertainment, as that is important to us.

Hi Louise,

Loved your photos. Your post should be mandatory viewing for first time Fred Olsen cruisers after that disaster of a documentary on the Balmoral. My wife and I are early 50's and have been cruising since 2001. We had been thinking of an F.O cruise until we watched the show. Your blog puts it into a proper perspective. I just wish that the show had focused a bit more on the shipboard nighttime entertainment, as that is important to us.

That just happens to be the department I work in (Entertainment) so I can vouch that there is a fantastic line up of entertainment every evening on Fred Olsen, we try to provide a good variety, and of course, the Crew Show, which is always a must see!

That just happens to be the department I work in (Entertainment) so I can vouch that there is a fantastic line up of entertainment every evening on Fred Olsen, we try to provide a good variety, and of course, the Crew Show, which is always a must see!

Happy to confirm that the Show Company on the ships are some of the hardest working staff on-board in our experience.

They do a fantastic job with very limited resources and space, so they always have our admiration.

Our only wish would be to support them with more new material.

Fred Olsen is blessed with guests who come back year after year, rather like the material the Show Company have to work with ... :)

We were on Braemar in Jan 2012 and again in March this year. The routines were entertaining the first time, enjoyable a little over a year later, but we pray they will be a distant memory when we cruise again in late November this year.

Here's hoping ... :)

Archived