Jewel Any recent reviews/info?

I just sifted through several pages of threads and did not find anything on the Jewel

Does anyone who has saild her in the last month or 2 have a review they cand send a link for..or know of a really good Picture blog review of her?

Also we are booked in 8134 Aft Balcony any pics or info on this balcony would be great Thanks!

Do the sideways inside rooms on the Jewel seem more spacious than the regular inside rooms? I've only sailed on the Sun so far. :)

Also, any just really extra special cabins on the Jewel? Ones with more space, better balcony, etc than others in the same category?

Jim We are doing same cruise..but you are before us

We do west Carib from New Orleans Mid January.

Flying in Tuesday and will sepnd Tues-Sun in New Orleans then head to the ship. Having lots of fun planning this trip.

I wonder if this is a new itinerary for Jewel as I have found NOTHING on the WEst Carrib for her...Sout and East but noWEst.

If you have any info on our itinerary let me know!

Thank You!

I really liked how you categorized everything rather than day by day.

Since it was the ship I am looking for info on and not that itinerary.

I was able to read just the info I was looking for. And though we are well beyond the toddler years (empty nesters) the info was not so toddler specific I was able to glean a lot of great little nuggets I have not seen elsewhere.

AND it was nice to look at the photos of the ports...we did Alaska with Princess last summer and it was a beautiful trip. We did a week Glacier Bay cruise then their Off the beaten path interior tour for a week, Anchorage, Denali,and a few other spots, Stunning!

I really enjoyed your perspective in many of your photos brought a smile to my face :-)

I have a couple of questions

1. Is Cagneys for suite guests only?

We are staing in an Aft Balcony, if Cagneys is just for suites, can you tell me if any of the MDR's offer breakfast/lunch or if the pub does? We sailed on the Epic in Feb and were delighted to discover one of the MDR's and the pub served breakfast and lunch, and they were not very crowded. The Pub particularily was great for breakfast on a port day when we needed to get in and out quickly for an early excursion.

2. I read on another review that there is an adult pool. Do you know where it is located? is it right next to the family pool? Being empty nesters we avoid the main pool. The other 2 ships we have been on (like you Jewel will be our 3rd ship) have had adult pools away from the main pool, it's noise and it's crowds. Same with Adult only hot tubs? Hoping it is the same for the Jewel, if not we will make do but knowing in advance will certainly help us with our expectations (more me than DH lol)

3. I know you are traveling with a toddler, but did you take note of any quiet adult only places on the ship, deck lounge areas etc?

Thanks again, great and very helpful review...not gratuitous like so many others.

Archived