Aloha Balcony Cabin?

ltprn

Hello All!

I am gearing up for my upcoming cruise this Sept. 24th on the CB!

Thanks for all of the wonderful posts! I have learned sooooo much! I can't stay away from these boards!

I have only cruised once, on the Carnival Fascination, and am really looking forward to a Grand Class Ship and especially a BALCONY cabin!

We are in A604. Can anyone tell me more about this particular cabin? What is it close to? What's above and below it? Are there chairs AND loungers on the balcony, or just chairs?

Also - we are supposed to port in Ochos Rios, but from what I've read, can this possibly change to Montego Bay? WHEN will we know for sure?

Thanks in advance for all of your help!

ltprn

Our first cruise, we stayed in A702 I believe and loved it! Towards the aft of the ship and very private since no one can look down on you. The balcony is fully covered. When you are towards the back of the ship you can jump on the elevator and you are at the buffet where you can pick up goodies for a HAPPY HOUR on the balcony!!!

Happy Cruising....

We were in A701 on the Star Princess, which from what I understand is identical to the CP. We absolutely loved this room. We had plenty of room inside the cabin. The bathrooms are just bathrooms, no tubs or anything. Plenty of closet space. There is also a little standing cabinet that holds the safe next to the closet and bathroom. Perfect for lots of things. The balcony was the best. We had breakfast many mornings on there and late night dessert every night. If you think of the round, white plastic type tables that you see on patios with the white plastic type chairs (a little more sturdy though).. that is what you will have on the balcony. They were perfect for the two of us and we still had some room to get up and move around if one of us wanted to go inside the other didnt have to get up to move. You will love this room.

The itenerary question...like I said we were on the Star in November 2004 and we were scheduled to goto Ochos Rios, but the night before we found out that we had to goto Montego Bay due to some repair being made on the dock at OR. If you do happen to have to goto Mo Bay .. this would be the only port that I would suggest going on a ship excursion. We were not happy with this port and felt uncomfortable the whole time we were there. We were back on the ship by 11 am. Just keep checking your itenerary on Princess.com. Ours was changing all the time due to the wonderful hurricanes that hit us and the islands.

Karen

Itprn,

Please report back on how you liked A604 after your cruise, as I have A602 reserved for a future cruise. I'm slightly concerned about the hallway door near these cabins, and if you hear it slamming at night. Otherwise I think they will be a great location. Have a great cruise!

Archived