Secrets Aura Resort vs Mr Sanchos vs Nachi Cocom

MandynJim

DH and I are headed to Cozumel for our 13 anniversary in August. We are looking for something quiet and more romantic. Kids won't be with us. We are looking at these three different places. Secrets is Adult only, Mr. Sanchos has the romantic VIP with cabana, and Nachi seems to get outstanding reviews. I have seen very little on Secrets Aura. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Also if there was an AI on the mainland that we wanted a day pass for, are there boats that will take you there? TIA!!!

Also if there was an AI on the mainland that we wanted a day pass for, are there boats that will take you there? There are many AI resorts near PDC and I am sure some of them will offer day passes, but I am not sure a taxi to the ferry and an often rough :eek: 45+ minute ferry ride each way is to spend a few hours there is a good option compared to staying on Coz.

We have been to both Mr. S (but not the package you are looking at) and Nachi - Mr. S is a little more lively, attracts some families, and can be a fun day. Nachi is very quiet and relaxing, attracts very few families (but is not limited to adults) and would be perfect IMHO for an anniversary trip. I have never been to Secrets.

I would also check the Tripadvisor reviews for all three.

Good luck! :)

DH and I are headed to Cozumel for our 13 anniversary in August. We are looking for something quiet and more romantic. Kids won't be with us. We are looking at these three different places. Secrets is Adult only, Mr. Sanchos has the romantic VIP with cabana, and Nachi seems to get outstanding reviews. I have seen very little on Secrets Aura. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Also if there was an AI on the mainland that we wanted a day pass for, are there boats that will take you there? TIA!!!

One thing to remember with the mainland, is the fact that the ferry ride takes about 45 minutes each way, running every hour on the hour.

So you would be spending about two hours of your short time in port, just getting across the water, not counting taxi or bus rides to the AI on the mainland.

I can highly recommend Nachi Cocum for a quiet beach day.

But like was stated, they do not bar children from the premises.

Mr. Sanchos also gets rave reviews.

A little more lively scene there, with probably a few more families than Nachi.

Have yet to read any reviews of the package you have talked about.

Just that many people have booked it thus far.

Never heard of Secrets in my years of reading this board, so I can't help you out there.

Hope whatever you choose, that you have an incredible anniversary.

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Archived