Question regarding airfare to Tahiti

cruzegirl

I'm trying to find more info. regarding airfare to Tahiti. I'm going in Feb. 2014 and also went there in 2008. In 2008 there were daytime flights. But in looking now, I don't see any daytime flights to Tahiti. I'm wondering if anyone who's been there recently or booked to go in the future, have you found any daytime flights?

Thank you. :)

In February of 2014, the Air Tahiti Nui day time flights from LAX to PPT are on Sunday and Thursday. Other days are red-eye flights only.

Source: http://airtahitinui-usa.com/flightsched/flightschedules.asp

LAX-PPT-M.png

All of the PPT to LAX return flights are red-eye:

PPT-LAX-M.png

The Air France LAX - PPT flights are all red-eye, departing LAX at 11:55 p.m. The Air France PPT - LAX flights are all day-time, departing PPT at 7:50 a.m.

If you only want to fly during the day, you would have to go LAX to PPT on Air Tahiti Nui on Sunday or Thursday, and return via Air France.

I'm trying to find more info. regarding airfare to Tahiti. I'm going in Feb. 2014 and also went there in 2008. In 2008 there were daytime flights. But in looking now, I don't see any daytime flights to Tahiti. I'm wondering if anyone who's been there recently or booked to go in the future, have you found any daytime flights?

Thank you. :)

Hi there. We are stopping off in Tahiti on the way to New Zealand and our dates are Jan. 23 and Feb. 20 so I have been watching the prices like a hawk for about 3 months. There is one afternoon flight from LAX to PPT but it is only Thursday and Sundays on Air Tahiti Nui 3:50 from LAX and arrive 22:25 in Tahiti TN 1. Hubby hates overnight flights so was delighted to find this one. All other flights seem to be in the 11:00 PM time slot.

Best thing is that this is also one of the cheaper flights to PPT.

We are flying from Washington DC and I have a one way fare on Southwest on Jan. 22 for $140 and return on Alaska Air for $215 (12:50 PM flight) I found for my city pairs that it was much cheaper to do the one ways domestic and the roundtrip from LAX to PPT though you could have other considerations. I just could not make it work on single booking so we solved that by giving ourselves more than a day each way in LA to adjust time zones/rest/ and get the cramps out of the legs. I just do not do 30 hour flights anymore:rolleyes:

Coming back from Tahiti can only find overnight flights getting into LAX at about 8 or 10 AM so putting another day in LA to get noon flight out at 12:50. An abundance of caution for bad weather and who wouldn't want to be in Tahiti or even California in the bad old winter time. Maybe see you in Tahiti.

I see now that you are in CA so don't have to worry about weather making you miss the flight. The Thursday flight works for us and we did not realize it was the only afternoon flight available. Wish we could do Air France back but the prices one way are out of site. By the way anything in the line of $1,250 - $1,400 is seemingly TN's best pricing depending on flight and day of the week (cruise and holidays seem to leave Thursday or especially Friday night and the price reflects that). Might check Air New Zealand for Feb. flights as their prices drop by 40% after Feb. 1, 2014 because of the new season (not summer and not skiing so cheap!) but don't know if you can take NZ airline without going on to Auckland.

Thanks for the info. everyone. We'll have to do a red eye. We need to fly in on Wed., as our ship leaves on Thursday and we wouldn't make it in time. I will bring my blanket, pillow and headphones. :rolleyes:

Have a great time. I am really looking forward to snorkeling in Moorea and seeing the beauty. My eyes will hurt with the wonders that I know I will see on this trip. Poor camera will have to take thousands of pics.:D

We booked our flights today for Feb. 2014 flights to New Zealand with a 3 day stay in Tahiti going and 29 hours in Tahiti on the way back.

We changed dates due to a scheduling conflict for one of party. Now we could book the IC Tahiti for 3 days and have given up the IC Moorea. It would have been fun but for a stopover probably better to be in one place.

BWI to LAX $140 plus $12 Early Bird.

LAX to PPT Thu Jan 30

PPT to AKL Sun Feb2 arrival MonFeb3

AKL to PPT Jan27 arriving Jan 26!

PPT to LAX Jan 27 (red eye -- wish I had seen that Sat afternoon flight)

This flight was $1,419 final cost and you get one bag up to 50 pounds.

LAX to BWI Sat. Mar 1 should cost $140 so all in costs $1,750 per person for all flights. The savings on the flight plus the deal on hotel means I got the 6 days of stopover and still saved some money.

A one ticket legacy ticket from Washington to Auckland was running about $2,500 + depending on the combination of flights that you scheduled.

I am pleased with our arrangements. Mosey on. We have 8 days before our cruise so will have to do laundry before I board the boat. :D

Just go to the Air Tahiti Nui website and put in your dates. A chart comes up with all possible combinations. Choose the ones that work for you and the flight times come up.

Depending on when you go, there is one flight on ATN on Thursdays at 3:30pm, arriving in PPT at 9:05pm. Air France and Hawaiian Air also have some options.

I've taken the red eye 18 times to FP ........ it isn't that bad and in fact it's rather nice knowing you START the day in paradise ;)

Based on your experience, how long before your departure to FP do you book your flights??? We are going in March 2014 and have been watching airfares. They have been start to move up. Do I wait or do I want to book sooner rather than later??? I know to europe, usually 3-4 months out seems to be the best time. Didn't know if that is the same for FP???

Thanks in advance for the advise....

Archived